Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant understand food goals on iOS app

ANSWERED

I have moved from android to iOS app and am finding the calorie goal confusing. I have a food plan set up and like to make sure I’m within my goal at the end of the day, so I check it to see how much more exercise I need to do to balance out. But for example this evening my app said I was in the red zone and was 370 calories over my budget. So I completed and inputted 400 calories worth of tracked exercise. My calorie section then said that I’d met my target for the day but I was still in the red zone. I then out of curiosity logged in on the android app which said I was 200 calories over my target. Why are the apps showing different information? Do I need to change something in the settings on the iOS app to display the same? On the android app when you start the day it shows the amount of calories you can consume relative to the amount of exercise you’ve done so far that day and the amount of calories you’ve burned. So when I woke up it would usually say I have around 200 calories in my budget. Then as the day went on that would increase as I burned calories. However now when I wake up it will say I have 1200 calories left in my budget for example. And this changes during the day in a pattern I can’t work out, but it’s certainly not the same as the android version. Maybe I’m missing something obvious or simply have my settings incorrect, but if someone could explain or shed some light that would be great as I’m finding it really difficult to gauage where I’m at during the day.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

There are two settings for your calories burned: sedentary and personalised. Sounds like you had the sedentary setting on your android and have personalised on iOS. Why I don't know and I agree that that is very confusing. You can check this setting if you go to your log online (via your profile) and to the food plan. It shows a cog wheel on the top right of the food plan there. You can change between sedentary and personalised.

Capture.PNG

Karolien | The Netherlands

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

There are two settings for your calories burned: sedentary and personalised. Sounds like you had the sedentary setting on your android and have personalised on iOS. Why I don't know and I agree that that is very confusing. You can check this setting if you go to your log online (via your profile) and to the food plan. It shows a cog wheel on the top right of the food plan there. You can change between sedentary and personalised.

Capture.PNG

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Esya wrote:

Capture.PNG

@Esya I can’t figure out how to change it? I have looked online and can’t see where you say this cog is.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Esya wrote:

Capture.PNG

@Esya never mind I’ve found it! Thank you very much 😊

Best Answer