Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Describe your "typical" breakfast (what do you eat before lunch)

Generally, I have a 2 oz. Egg Beaters omelet (28 cals) on either a Mission Carb Balance tortilla (80 cals) or a Thomas English Multi-grain wheat Muffin (100 cals). I add a half slice of Hormel Canadian Bacon (35 cals) or 2-3 slices of Turkey Pepperoni (5 cals/slice) and a 1/3-1/2 oz of 2% Kraft Sharp Cheddar Cheese (90 cals per ounce). Total = 162 to 180 calories.  Nothing between breakfast and lunch.

Best Answer
689 REPLIES 689

1 package brown sugar Better Oats (100 Kcal), 1 tbs chia seeds, 2 tbs flax seeds, 2 tbs hemp hearts, 1/4 cup crushed pecans and walnuts, 1/2 cup blueberries with one packet of Truvia.  Excellent source of protein and fiber and insanely filling.  I typically have an insatiable appetite, but this keeps me full for hours.   Cup of black coffee and a couple glasses of water.  

Best Answer

I have a travel pack of foods, so it varies on all the dry ones. Cereal, Oatmeal, Breakfast Bars. Plus an energy bar and yogurt if I have a spoon handy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For work days I get up around 4am so I always start with what I would call a, "breakfast snack" which is Toast w/Preserves (100-120 calories depending on the bread I use).

I eat my actual breakfast at work and if I had time to prepare some oats I'll eat that but if not I grab a protein bar on my way out (they both end up ranging from 200-250 calories).

Of course if I'm running super late and I don't have time to grab or eat anything prior to work I just end up buying a wheat bagel and cream cheese from the cafeteria at my work site (360 calories).

Either way my intake is about the same. 

On the weekend when I have time to make a proper breakfast I'll have some sort of egg-based dish. If I had time in the morning I would eat eggs everyday tbh. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Breakfast ( approximately 300 calories )

( 20 ) grams  ( 65 cals ) Post Raisin Bran

( 1 ) Dried Calimyrna  Fig ( 50 cals)  (cut in small pieces)

( 10 ) grams  ( 50 cals) Salad Toppers  ( NaturSource Salad Topper)

( 10 ) grams   ( 20 cals ) Large Flake 100% Whole Grain Oats

( ½ ) Banana  ( 50 cals ) (Sliced into small pieces)

( 50 ) grams Activia Yogurt (70cals )  (variety of  flavors)

Total Calories ( 305 )

(Mix all of the above together coating everything well with the yogurt)

**** Substitute Dried Figs  for variety with  ****

(  10 grams ( 40 cals ) Dried GoldenBerries  Smiley Happy- Terrafertil)

or

( 2 Pitted  Prunes - 40 cals  -Sunsweet Smiley Happy Kirkland

Yum Yum **** Time for Breakfast *** Smiley Very HappyHeart

Best Answer
0 Votes

It really depends on the day for me. Lighter days I will wait until I get to work and make some veggies for a morning snack or have a meal replacement shake/smoothie. On days I take a little bit more time I typically go for some turkey bacon and a hard boiled egg. Or an whole wheat english muffin or mini wheats cereal. Honestly though it varies, I have tried paleo banana pancakes, regular pancakes (small portion), wheat toast, & leftovers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Recently, I've been enjoying a PB&J Chia "pudding"!

My recipe (Makes 2 servings)
240ml Unsweetened Almond milk (I use Blue Diamond)
36g Chia seeds
24g PB Fit (peanut butter powder)
36g Jam/Jelly of choice (or fruit preserves with no sugar added)

Place almond milk in a medium/large bowl, whisk in the jam/jelly, the Chia seeds and the peanut butter powder. 
Whisk, and let stand a few minutes. 
Whisk again, and pour equal amounts into two small bowls.
Refrigerate at least an hour...better overnight.  (Keeps well in fridge for 2-3 days)

Enjoy with a cup of berries of choice!

Calories for Chia pudding: 185
Calories for fruit:  Varies according to choice

Enjoy!

Belle
Best Answer

they have a low sugar maple and brown sugar

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't always eat breakfast, but I'm trying to get back into the routine. Because I'm paleo, my favorite thing to eat is what I call an "egg scramble," which is just 2 eggs and all the leftover veggies I think I can eat that morning. (I used to call it an omelette, until someone told me it was more veggie than egg lol) And then I like to make a fruit and vegetable smoothie to tide me over until my lunch, since I usually eat pretty late. 

It takes a while to make, which is why I usually only do it on the weekends, but I'm going to try again starting tomorrow. Never too late, right?

Nikki | NYC
Flex | Mac | Android Samsung Galaxy S5
Best Answer

One of my better breakfasts:

Ezekiel low sodium toast with 1T pesto and 1/4 avocado

Ambrosia apple

2 farm fresh egg omelet w/ jalapeño, cheese and bell pepper medley

sour cream

pinch of kosher salt

~700 calories

"eat like a king in the morning, prince for lunch, pauper for dinner" - Unknown Autho

IMG_0070.JPG

Best Answer

I usually have milk, coffee and biscuits, nothing else. This morning I had a muffin and coffee as I ran out of biscuits. I need to have something sweet for breakfast.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I switch it up a bit. During the work week when I can eat at my desk my options are:

- Quick Oats ( I 'll put stevia, cinnamon in it) with 1-2 hard boiled eggs

- Protein with water and Piece of Toast with coconut spread

- Greek Yogurt with berries maybe some granola

- On Friday's, I like to brew coffee and mix milk and protein for a protein latte shake.

Those are my three go to's. Usually try to keep it with a healthy carb and a good protein source. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am a big eater.... and that is my weakness. See food and eat.

Breakfast:

6 eggs - scrambled or over easy

2 cups Skillet fried potatoes with onion and peppers

6 slices of Bacon

1 cup of vanilla yogurt with 1/2 cup of dried cranberries and 1/2 cup of fresh baked canola.

by 7:30am

Then a 3 egg sausage burrito around 9am

Best Answer

That looks awfully tasty @OzarkJohn!

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have around 20g of muesli mixed with 100g of low fat natural yoghurt, topped with berries.  Fairly low calorie as I can't face anything larger in the morning.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

2 boiled eggs, salt and pepper. Then on the way to work I grab a latte and that's usually it until lunch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have eggs every day, sometimes with 1 toast sometimes 2 and most days avocado too!  Soooo yummy!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Weekdays (at my desk at work):  1-minute oatmeal, dressed with cinnamon, plus either no-sugar maple flavored syrup, 1 tbsp raisins, or 1 tbsp dried cranberries.  A banana, a little later.  

Weekends (at home): Lately, I've been drinking a smoothie from a recipe I found at the side of a box: 1 cup unsweetened almond beverage, 1/2 cup mixed berries, 1/2 banana, and 1/2 cup oats.  Blend.  That is SO good.  (I have to be careful about dairy/calcium before 10 am, due to thyroid meds, so the almond beverage is perfect.) 

Sometimes I'll have a veggie omelet and whole wheat toast, if we're eating out.  Or a small blueberry muffin if that's what my husband has asked me to make for him.  

Donna 

T2D

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've started eating granola cereal with greek yogurt mixed in instead of milk. It's delicious and a healthy alternative. 

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been using/wearing my fitbit for nearly a year, but did not start using the food log until two months ago when I started taking my diet seriously.  Since, then I've been seriously meticulous in my food logs which has resulted in my making some substantial changes to my diet.  The most noteworthy example is my sodium intake...something I have never considered.  I love salt, but after logging my food I saw just how much sodium was in my daily diet and then researched to find what someone of my age and gender should be ingesting...which caused one of those "Ah-hah!" moments.  Perhaps, I thought, this might be a factor in my high blood pressure.  So based on my use of the Fitbit food log I adjusted my diet accordingly.  I mostly eat the frozen (microwaveable) meals (i.e. Amy's, Luvo, etc.), but since that sodium revelation I have only bought meals that contained less than 500mg sodium.  And that has led me to be one of those ingredient snobs, but you DO have to read the ingredient information very carefully.   But it's worth the effort, because practically over-night my blood pressure went from borderline hypertension to within the preferred standards.   So yes, you are not alone in taking advantage of the Fitbit Food Log..."Knowledge is power."

Best Answer
I, too, have discovered that many frozen dinners and processed foods are high in sodium. The Fitbit has made me aware of the amount of fat, protein, and carbohydrates I ingest also.

Brett Crawley
Best Answer