Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food Log Question.

ANSWERED

So I'm getting the exercisee thing down.  Now comes the logging of the food.   For those who log do you go to the app directly and log it OR do you jot it down and then go back and log it into the App when you have time.  My days are filled with work.  I'm thinking about a journal type of log then transferring it over into Fitbit when I have time. 

Thoughts, ideas, wisdom would be appreciated.

Chris

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi Chris!  Good Job on the Exercise!!! 🙂   

So...I log EVERYTHING.  I live by my log.   I usually put my "work" food together the night before so I already have some idea of what I will be eating.  Then first thing in the morning, while having my coffee, I'll log everything I PLAN to eat into the log at once so I can see how many calories I will be consuming.  From there I'll adjust if it's too high.  And then I'm ready for the day.  

Of course, even with the best pre-planning, things happen.  Someone brings in a cake or donuts for a celebration, or someone orders lunch, etc.  At work I keep the online version of Fitbit open in a tab on chrome so I can quickly get to it to tweak and edit things as I eat them.  I find that if I don't log it right away, I tend to overeat.  It acts as an accountability tool for me in some ways.  

FYI - I work as an executive assistant for a very busy legal department so my days are crazy, and I am doing low carb AND counting calories. Having Fitbit up on my computer really helps me stay on track through out the day and it doesn't look like I'm on my cell phone! 😉

Hope this helps!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Chris!  Good Job on the Exercise!!! 🙂   

So...I log EVERYTHING.  I live by my log.   I usually put my "work" food together the night before so I already have some idea of what I will be eating.  Then first thing in the morning, while having my coffee, I'll log everything I PLAN to eat into the log at once so I can see how many calories I will be consuming.  From there I'll adjust if it's too high.  And then I'm ready for the day.  

Of course, even with the best pre-planning, things happen.  Someone brings in a cake or donuts for a celebration, or someone orders lunch, etc.  At work I keep the online version of Fitbit open in a tab on chrome so I can quickly get to it to tweak and edit things as I eat them.  I find that if I don't log it right away, I tend to overeat.  It acts as an accountability tool for me in some ways.  

FYI - I work as an executive assistant for a very busy legal department so my days are crazy, and I am doing low carb AND counting calories. Having Fitbit up on my computer really helps me stay on track through out the day and it doesn't look like I'm on my cell phone! 😉

Hope this helps!

Best Answer

That got me thinking. I too logged everything I ate and logged my food after each meal or I'd catch up pretty quickly. You can edit your foods or delete etc. I stopped logging my food for a month or so and I stopped losing weight. I'm losing slowly for the long haul shooting for a pound maybe 2 a week. I've been logging all my food again ( even the clementine I just had) and the results are noticeable. I started losing weight again, yay! So it's important that I be accurate and keep logging so I know how little snacks add up. Take care

Best Answer

Hi Chris,

I do a bit of both.  I also have recently started using my FitBit to plan my meals for the day - that way I have a bit of a guide to my day then just weigh/measure as I go and adjust where necessary.

Hope that helps

🙂

Best Answer

Yes!! me too.

I stopped logging and I stopped losing.

Best Answer