Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food Over Budget?

I am using My Fitness Pal to track my food simply because Fitbit limits you to tracking against calories only whereas I can track against my macros in MFP. That said, I have the connection between the two apps set up so that I can see my food data at a glance in my Fitbit Dashboard. I have manually set my calorie goal in Fitbit to match the calorie goal from my macros in MFP, however the food dashboard is telling me I am "over budget" even when I have calories left. Does anyone know what that is? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

i found that MFP was doubling up meals (ie. 2 breakfast entries) on my fitbit log so i had to go in and manually remove one. hopefully this helps to solve your mystery!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. I can see that nothing is duplicated. I can also see that the total calories consumed is less than the goal, but it's still marking it as "Over Budget"... perhaps because my calories expended for the day according to the app is less than what I've eaten? Not sure I care for that as the measurement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ThisFitGirl yes- that is why. your calories out in that moment in time is less than your calories in...

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Good morning!

If you know your calorie goal and macros, I would set your FitBit calorie tracker at "sedentary". This will keep the target range from moving with your workouts so it doesn't mess with you. The app for your phone has been updated for FitBit to show your macros too.

Also I have found that if you put in all your food in the morning because you have a plan (like I do), your tracker will always say that you are over budget for the day until you burn more calories. I'm usually under by the end of the day despite what it is saying. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you keep putting on weight if you are wanting to lose weight or vice-versa.

Hope this helps!

Best Answer

So, for someone trying to lose weight-this would be a good thing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, the app assumes you're going to slowly trickle foods in over the day.  I just ignore that one, honestly, and use the "XXX cals remaining" tile on the home screen as a guide.

Best Answer
0 Votes