Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goal weight

ANSWERED

I want to loose as much weight as I can i'm 120 right now and i want to get down to 105 by june but I keep bingeing because I'm limiting my calories then gaining weight but I'm just so hungry

What do I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You’re looking to lose 12.5% of your starting weight in 6 to 10 weeks (depending if you want to reach your goal at the beginning or the end of June). It’s too much / too fast, which is why you have bingeing episodes. At 120, you’re most likely in the normal weight range for your height, so there’s no urgency for you to drop weight for health reasons. Have a more reasonable weight goal (e.g. 113-115 instead of 105) if you still want to attain it by June, or give it more time, if you still want to stick to 105 as your weight goal.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

You’re looking to lose 12.5% of your starting weight in 6 to 10 weeks (depending if you want to reach your goal at the beginning or the end of June). It’s too much / too fast, which is why you have bingeing episodes. At 120, you’re most likely in the normal weight range for your height, so there’s no urgency for you to drop weight for health reasons. Have a more reasonable weight goal (e.g. 113-115 instead of 105) if you still want to attain it by June, or give it more time, if you still want to stick to 105 as your weight goal.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer

I agree with Dominique - sometimes a goal weight can be different than a healthy weight. Everyone has a setpoint so to speak. I used to try and convince myself to lose more than I should. Have you compared your age - height - weight to available suggestive charts? How do you compare?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have set my goal weight at 5% above my 1959 National Service Army Weight (yes, I'm very Senior).. Only another 7% to go.  My doctor is happy with my Seniors safety weight goal... and all other physical checks are OK for my age.

I have set my Calories goal to 1.55 times the Goal Weight BMR goal which lowers the calorie burn goal by 6%. I have used this method because I had been using the "old" Premium since 2011 and fortunately I have all of my activity data for comparisons.

I have already lost 3+ kg (7lb) over 6 months.. and the average effort factor (TDEE) is 1.52  (Dividing my BMR into the daily calories burned and taking the average for the 30 days.  That's now up to 1,60 for the week... ( I have included the TDDE table at the end)

My body shape has changed as well and the belt has gone in a notch. So CICO is working for me. I have no side effects and it's eating proper food and no takeaway or process food. etc..  replacing the New Yorker Cheese Cake and Carrot Cake with Ham, Cheese and Tomato toasties. I still have my Soy Latte Coffee.  More importantly visitors are saying..."Have you lost weight..?"

I'm only averaging 6k steps over the 30 days but they are effort steps with some walking HiiT... That's back to 7,100 this week.

My RHR ave 51 for the week and 52 for the 30 days.. Smiley Happy Flu shot pushed it up 3 weeks ago. My Active Minutes average for the week was 36 and 21 for the 30 days..  So I'm stepping up as we head into winter..

And this is what very retired engineers do... Use our baselines and keep the brain active... and our bodies fit and healthy.

p[rofile calories in.jpg

TDEE factors

Sedentary. Little to no regular exercise. (factor 1.2)
Mild activity level: Intensive exercise for at least 20 minutes 1 to 3 times per week. This may include such things as bicycling, jogging, basketball, swimming, skating, etc. If you do not exercise regularly, but you maintain a busy life style that requires you to walk frequently for long periods, you meet the requirements of this level. (factor 1.375)
Moderate activity level: Intensive exercise for at least 30 to 60 minutes 3 to 4 times per week. Any of the activities listed above will qualify. (factor 1.55)
Heavy or (Labor-intensive) activity level: Intensive exercise for 60 minutes or greater 5 to 7 days per week (see sample activities above). Labor-intensive occupations also qualify for this level. Labor-intensive occupations include construction work (brick laying, carpentry, general labor, etc.). Also farming, landscape worker or similar occupations. (factor 1.7)
Extreme level: Exceedingly active and/or very demanding activities: Examples include: (1) athlete with an almost unstoppable training schedule with multiple training sessions throughout the day (2) very demanding job, such as shoveling coal or working long hours on an assembly line. Generally, this level of activity is very difficult to achieve. (factor 1.9)

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Colinm39  Alas! replacing the New Yorker Cheese Cake and Carrot Cake with Ham, Cheese and Tomato toasties.

Just kidding haven't had either in a long time and they dont interest me any more either

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@WendyB  I will have them occasionally because I'm finding where my youngest daughter and I go they only have the tempting foods.. 

With my eldest daughter, near her studio, where she teaches people to sew and pattern make,  we have a lovely, small coffee shop.  His main fare is Ham, Cheese and Tomato sandwiches.  I know this, because the other day he was complaining about the cost of tomatoes and in AUS  @ $7.90 kg  and he had to put his prices up and his clientele complained.  The drought here has affected the cost of produce..  That converts to $US2.51/lb. The AUS price is 60% higher than normal

For those reading this, my Calorie goal is 2300 calories and my Soy Latte is 105 calories.

Ham, Cheese and Tomato Toastie....  443 calories  19%  Daily Goal

"          "                   "        Croisant   532 Calories  23%   "       "

Cheese Cake                                      816 Calories  35%   "       "

Carrot Cake                                        762 Calories  33%    "      "

It's now starting to work.. another 1KG (2.2lb) this week...  maybe I have finally tricked my metabolism..

@WendyB wrote:

@Colinm39  Alas! replacing the New Yorker Cheese Cake and Carrot Cake with Ham, Cheese and Tomato toasties.

Just kidding haven't had either in a long time and they dont interest me any more either

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

@Colinm39That is an expensive tomato!

WTG on the loss this week! Woot!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@WendyB The product of watching food 😁👍😇

Off to bed for me now... Enjoy your day... 

Best Answer

Last night Dr Michael Mosley started a new Australian Series called Reset. (this is an Australian link and may not be available overseas). The first was "Better Bodies", the others will be "Better Gut" and "Better Minds".. The panel of medicos said those that pre-prepared meals with portion size had the best success rate. The selected participants proved that..

I have reached a set point with my weight and now it's the next few pounds. So definitely "watching" what you eat and portion control.. Since my hip replacement I have swapped some steps for intensity and It's working for me. My 53 year old daughter is using Lite'n'Easy which gives her the portion control  and with a morning walk of 30 minutes it's working. Smiley Tongue I gave in yesterday and enjoyed a lovely carrot cake with moist tangy icing...

Here is a graph of my life of weight with some milestones., starting with my National Service weight and I'm also genetically large boned as defined by wrist sizes.  My frame is large, my wife and son small, and a daughter medium.  See this link.

Lifetime of weight.jpg

Best Answer

Wow, impressed by @Colinm39’s life-long weight history! Few people have gathered such an wealth of data, back when "quantifying self" wasn’t really a thing.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DominiqueThanks for the positives....  It was probably lucky because I still have my Army record card and just after I was married my late doctor said to me then, "Your Army weight (National Service at 19) was the fittest you were, and at 50 I want you to be about 4kg over that...". He also said to eat 20% less to control my married weight....... That was over 50 years ago.. Now we are saying the same thing....AND... I'm trying to get to that ideal weight now..

At the turn of the century I remember purchasing a mercury switch type pedometer and typically getting 17000 steps per day. When in the office I was up and down stairs sorting out computer issues. Then out on construction sites installing computer networks, under benches, climbing ladders.. a very active environment.

The earlier plot points were significant events.. As I have mentioned elsewhere I was in a medical research project for overweight people around 50+ years for an adult onset Diabetes testing with various diets. Then when you turn 65 in Australia, you have your annual GP checkups and over 75 it's every 6 months... Part of the system to try and keep us home instead of clogging the Aged Care System..

Me, being a baseline engineering type I will record information to look for trends.

So there it is and it's all a byproduct of an event or the "system" in Australia

Thanks again

Colin

Best Answer