Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Healthy Lunch Ideas for Work

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this, so apolgies if this has already been covered!

I work in a busy office & live off Jacket potatoes and beans for lunches. I need more variation, but not keen on salads, as I find I'm still hungry. Any ideas are massively appreciated.

Thanks,
Danielle 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Things like cous-cous, rice or pasta salads can be super easy - just cook up a big batch of a base carb once or twice a week, then the night before put some in a tub with chopped veg (peppers, tomatos, whatever you have), some protein (meat, prawns, tuna, chickpeas, kidney beans) and a bit of dressing if you like. Super quick, and the balance of carbs/protein will actually keep you full for the afternoon!

Best Answer

Ah thank you! That sounds really good. What sorts of dressings are good? I'm so bad at picking the unhealthy option, is there anything you'd suggest that I can make myself or is healthy? Thanks 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dani.l you can buy ready made healthy ones from lots of supermarkets, or just try some balsamic vinegar or lemon juice and a little bit of olive oil. I like soy sauce and a bit of honey with rice, trust me its not as odd as it sounds! Or greek yoghurt/light creme fraiche/quark and adding herbs like oregano works well with pasta.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Danielle

I eat stews - usually chicken (cooked strips from Iceland or Asda work well) or lean beef, and a variety of vegetables chopped into chunks (carrots, parsnips, turnips, squash, onions, swede, leeks etc). A couple of potatoes for bulk, and a stock pot or similar. Cook on the hob for a couple of hours or bung it in a slow cooker. It can be frozen, or will last in the fridge for a couple of days, and I find that the microwave mugs hold a perfect lunchtime portion. For an extra hungry day a couple of slices of low cal danish bread 🙂

Hope that helps

Sarah

Best Answer

Thank you. That's a great idea & I'll definitely be trying to that. I love stews, they're so homely and perfect for these cold days x

Best Answer
0 Votes

Soy & honey sounds amazing. Thanks so much. Definitely going to try that with rice x

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I enjoy eating soup. You can make them when you have time. Then freeze them to eat.

My favorite is chicken noodle soup. If you make them yourself, then you can control the salt

in it. I just add pepper and that works for me.

Hope this helps,

M.

@dani.l wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this, so apolgies if this has already been covered!

I work in a busy office & live off Jacket potatoes and beans for lunches. I need more variation, but not keen on salads, as I find I'm still hungry. Any ideas are massively appreciated.

Thanks,
Danielle 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes