Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am looking for a book

ANSWERED
Hey guys i am looking for a book that tells me what food i should and shouldn't eat eg.grains, red meat.
Thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bodh -

Theres tonnes of great resources out there for you to research all though I'll preface this by acknowledging that the more you read the more confusing it CAN get as a lot of them are bias towards a certain product or way of life. However, one I found particularly useful (for helping me understand MY body and the way I personally react to certain diets and food types) is "The Diet Myth" by Tim Spector. I've also found other sources like "Food for Fitness" and "Sports Supplements: What supplements really work" both by Anita Bean. 

Hope that helps you get started 🙂 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

Hi @Bodh!! Welcome to the forums!

As @SunsetRunner said, there are a TONNE of books out there, and most of them are aimed at a certain audience. Mostly, you need to decide in advance what you want to get out of your lifestyle change. What's right for one person is not necessarily right for the next. I personally like It Starts With Food and Enter the Zone: A Dietary Road Map. Now, these are my personal picks because I've done a lot of research, have some allergies, and don't like taking medicines when it's avoidable. If you are trying to gain muscle or improve in sports (just a guess based off of your profile picture), look at these suggestions from a CrossFit club.

With whatever you choose, there are resources out there for you! Just do your research until you feel like you can write a dissertation on the topic! Cat Wink

"You can't out-run your fork!"

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Bodh -

Theres tonnes of great resources out there for you to research all though I'll preface this by acknowledging that the more you read the more confusing it CAN get as a lot of them are bias towards a certain product or way of life. However, one I found particularly useful (for helping me understand MY body and the way I personally react to certain diets and food types) is "The Diet Myth" by Tim Spector. I've also found other sources like "Food for Fitness" and "Sports Supplements: What supplements really work" both by Anita Bean. 

Hope that helps you get started 🙂 

Best Answer

Hi @Bodh!! Welcome to the forums!

As @SunsetRunner said, there are a TONNE of books out there, and most of them are aimed at a certain audience. Mostly, you need to decide in advance what you want to get out of your lifestyle change. What's right for one person is not necessarily right for the next. I personally like It Starts With Food and Enter the Zone: A Dietary Road Map. Now, these are my personal picks because I've done a lot of research, have some allergies, and don't like taking medicines when it's avoidable. If you are trying to gain muscle or improve in sports (just a guess based off of your profile picture), look at these suggestions from a CrossFit club.

With whatever you choose, there are resources out there for you! Just do your research until you feel like you can write a dissertation on the topic! Cat Wink

"You can't out-run your fork!"
Best Answer
0 Votes