Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im on a Diet from my Dr.....

Im on a diet from my Dr, High Protien and high fat diet (kinda like a keto diet). I am a boarderline diabetic, and have seveal medical problems. I am addicted to sweets and snacking a lot. I live by myself and I usually dont eat breakfast -just coffee, I dont eat lunch till 3pm and then eat dinner at 7 or 8 pm. I need help with what to make. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Set2Bfit and welcome to the forums! I’ve had success searching for recipes of this type in the Atkins website. I also use the Atkins app to track my food as it is an easy way to track my carbs, whether in meals or snacks. I used to be pre-diabetic but sadly crossed the line over to type 2 diabetes. But, by tracking y carbs, I’m losing weight and managing it without medication. You can do it, too!  On a side note, I also felt I was addicted to sweets and carbs but once I reduced the amount to a safe level, my cravings became manageable. 

Maybe your doctor can put you in touch with a registered dietitian?

Best Answer

@Set2Bfit hey there. If you are working with your doctor, perhaps they can recommend some meal plans or a nutritionist service you can work with to help create a weekly menu that is easy for you to make and shop for. If not, the best thing you can do is research best practices and meal plans for eating a low carb diet without feeling deprived of carbs.. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

@Set2Bfit I am not pre-diabetic or diabetic but do generally try to eat a lower carb (but not keto) diet.  Dietdoctor.com is an excellent resource for low carb and keto, with visual carb count guides for fruits, veg, alcohol, etc, as well as lots of recipes for this style of eating.  They do offer a paid membership option, but a wealth of info is available for free.

Another favorite, the-girl-who-ate-everything.com, also has lots of healthy and keto recipes.

Allrecipes.com and recipes.sparkpeople.com both have search engines where you can specify diet type, and plenty of good recipes.

good luck! You can do this!

Best Answer