Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging Oil

ANSWERED

Hi everybody! I'm new to the Fitbit forums even though I've been using my Fitbit for years. This is my first post, and I'm really sorry if the answer is out there somewhere and I just couldn't find it.

So, on the stove, there is always a wok there that is half-filled with canola oil. My SO and I use it to fry frozen chips or chicken nuggets sometimes (but not very often at all, so don't judge, haha). Obviously the chips and nuggets absorb oil, but how much? How do I log the oil?

I don't know how much oil is in the wok, but even if I did it probably wouldn't help. I usually only have 100g of chips or 4 nuggets when I do have it, so it's not a monstrous amount. I also drain the chips or nuggets on paper towel before eating them.

I've just been logging the canola oil as "1 serving", but I really don't know if it's more or less because I don't know how to put a number on it. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The only way to really figure it out is to measure what is in the pan before cooking. Then when its cooked measure what is left in the pan.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

The only way to really figure it out is to measure what is in the pan before cooking. Then when its cooked measure what is left in the pan.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oooh. That could get messy, but it's a good idea! Thanks! I'll try give it a go!

Best Answer
0 Votes