Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Calorie Meals

Hey Guys, 

I love my food and believe in eating good quantities, I am wanting to know if anyone out there has good low cal recipes they can share. I have posted one i came up with and eat often at its a really large bowl serving for a little amount of calories.

Pot of Chunky Hearty Curry (6 Large Serves)

Ingredient                               Calories

1 Chicken Breasts                   321

Mushrooms 200g                    29

Baby Corn 410g                       102

Broccoli Head                          200

4 Carrots                                 120

Coconut Milk 165ml                144

Cornflour Tbs                          30

Vegeta & Curry Power            0

Total                                        946 Calories

Per Serving                             158 Calories

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

I like this in the winter time

Hearty Chili

10 Ounces Lean Ground Turkey Breast
1 Onion, diced
2 (28 OZ) Cans Tomatoes, diced
2 Zucchini, diced
2 Yellow Squash, diced

1 (15 OZ) Can Black Beans,
rinsed & drained
2 (15 OZ) Cans Fat Free
Beef Broth, reduced sodium
4 Celery Stalks, diced
2 Green Peppers, diced
1 (1 ¼ OZ) Dry Chili Seasoning Mix

Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Add the turkey and onion and sauté until turkey is cooked through. Transfer to a soup pot. Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 30 minutes on medium heat. Serve

SERVINGS 20; CALORIES 76; FAT 1 g; PROTEIN 7 g; CARBS 11 g;
FIBER 3 g; CHOL 8 mg; SODIUM 270 mg; CALC 45 mg
SERVING SIZE= 1 Cup

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I make these quick burrito bowls pretty often for meal prep for the week. It ends up being four servings with a fantastic amount of protein, with few carbs: 

2 large chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cubed; Sauteed.
1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed, 1 medium white onion, diced, 2 garlic cloves; A;; sauteed together. 
1 16-ounce jar medium chunky salsa 
1 cup brown rice, cooked 
1 tablespoon olive oil 
Green onions, sliced, for garnish 
Salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste

Charge 2 | 50 hr\wk Desk Job | Spinning and Running Lover\Hater | Animal Freak
Best Answer

@TaniaAustin@emilyrein@WendyB -- you guys are all making me hungry!  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

@BaltoscottHave some in freezer. So come on over!

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

@emilyreinthose bruitto bowls sound awesome will make for sure

Community Council Member

Best Answer

I have dabbled in the free app Kitchen Stories. I really like how it provides nutrition values for a meal. You can also filter recipes for Low Carb, Low Calories (less than 400), Vegetarian, Vegan etc. It does not provide healthy recipes only, but it provides you with the information so you can make the right choices for you.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

@WendyB -- Thanks so much for the invitation, but since we live 3000 miles apart it will probably be quicker if I make my own.  As an aside, last night we had 'riced cauliflower' as base for a pulled meat dish -- think naked burrito or burrito bowl.  Very filling and probably half the calories of white or brown rice.  I really liked it.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

@BaltoscottBought some Rice Califlower at Trader Joes a week ago. I figured no way will My DH eat it. He loved it! I was so shocked! Its good stuff! Smiley Very Happy

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

My favorite low cal meal is homemade tomato soup. As a child my grandmother would always make tomato soup in the summertime when her tomato plants came into season and then freeze it to eat all year round. Even now when I go over the lunch there is some in the freezer. I've made my own version with a couple of edits to make it healther and easier to make.

RECIPE:

10 Roma Tomatoes OR 8 vine ripe tomatoes

2 large carrots

1 medium onion

3-5 cloves of garlic

5 cups vegetable, chicken or turkey bone broth/stock (salt free / low sodium)

2 tablespoons italian seasoning (salt free)

1/2 cup wakame seaweed (dried)

Best thing about this recipe is if you have a crock pot, you just dice all the vegetables add the broth. Then either place it on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. After its done cooking either spoon into a blender or use a stick blender to blend until smooth.

You can add salt & pepper to taste when you serve but I find that the seaweed actually "salts" the dish enough for me and it adds a lot of healthy vitamins and minerals to the dish. 😉

Depending upon the stock you use - one serving (2 cups) will be about 90-110 calories - and it makes about 5 servings. I usually serve with a side salad with a simple balsamic vinaigrette for either lunch or dinner. This easily leaves room for having some fresh fruit for dessert. (my fav way to end the day!)

Best Answer

I just found this awesome recipe! I think I am going to make it tomorrow with fish!

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1012795-roasted-sweet-potato-salad-with-black-beans-and-chile-dr...

Charge 2 | 50 hr\wk Desk Job | Spinning and Running Lover\Hater | Animal Freak
Best Answer
0 Votes

I keep everything pretty simple - here is my go-to for when I need something really low cal but filling. If I have room in my calorie budget, I'll sautee in a pan with olive oil instead of steaming, and add frozen mixed starchy veggies.

1 chicken sausage link, sliced (140-210 cal)

Chopped kale and broccoli (I don't count cals from non-starchy veggies since they're so low)

Mrs Dash, grill seasonings, etc.

Boil about half an inch of water in small pan with a lid

Steam kale for a few minutes

Add sausage, steam for a couple minutes

Add brocolli, steam another couple minutes (I use frozen chopped broccoli, it cooks fast)

Drain, toss with seasonings

Best Answer
0 Votes