Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Carb Meals and Snacks - Ideas please!!

ANSWERED

For those doing low carb, what do you usually fix for meals or snacks?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I eat almonds (or any nut of your choice); cheese sticks; deviled eggs; celery with cream cheese; olives; sliced lunch meat with cream cheese rolled around a green onion;  but I really don't snack much because I don't often get hungry between meals.

I like low carbing because 1.  after the first week I truly didn't give a fig for the cookies, donuts, or chips in the breakroom.  It took no willpower to not eat them.  2.  My cholesterol levels have improved significantly-HDL is now in the protective range and my LDL particles lower than ever and are the 'large, fluffy, nondangerous kind.   3. Joint pain, bloat, inflammation are all down to non existent .   

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

The main reason I’m not doing low-carb is I wouldn’t know what to eat after a couple of weeks. Maybe low-carb proponents have managed to convince you it’s the only way, or the best way to lose weight, but it ain’t so: it’s perfectly possible to lose weight while eating carbs.

Let’s see what suggestions you’ll get from people who have been sticking to the low-carb approach for a longer period of time!

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I eat almonds (or any nut of your choice); cheese sticks; deviled eggs; celery with cream cheese; olives; sliced lunch meat with cream cheese rolled around a green onion;  but I really don't snack much because I don't often get hungry between meals.

I like low carbing because 1.  after the first week I truly didn't give a fig for the cookies, donuts, or chips in the breakroom.  It took no willpower to not eat them.  2.  My cholesterol levels have improved significantly-HDL is now in the protective range and my LDL particles lower than ever and are the 'large, fluffy, nondangerous kind.   3. Joint pain, bloat, inflammation are all down to non existent .   

Best Answer

I'm just starting back on low carb after a long hiatus. In the beginning it's hard as not only am I cutting back my carbs, but also my calories, so I know that I tend to want to snack a lot more. Some things I currently have on

hand:

homemade trailmix (limit to 1/4c servings)

hard boiled eggs

cheese sticks

full fat greek yogurt

veggies and dip (made with full fat sour cream)

lunch meat and cheese (for quick wraps)

Also, I've historically found that the longer I follow a low carb diet, the less hungry I get. The fat and protein fill me up and keep me fuller longer than the high carb foods that I eat when I'm eating the good ole' SAD.

Best Answer