Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring Water Intake

ANSWERED

Hopefully water intake falls into this Forum.

I'm starting a new goal of avoiding soda altogether.  So when I go to fill up my big 100 oz. mug I first fill it as tight as possible with ice and then add the water.  Obviously I am not drinking 100 oz. of water, but is there a good way of telling just how much water I am getting?

My first thought is to use my scales I have and weight the much full of water and ice and then when I have drained the water from the ice, weigh it again to get the weight of the water I have consumed, do the math and enter that.

Am I over thinking this?

Thanks, Rich

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@RichLars  you're overthinking, but at least it's thinking in the right direction. You're trying to take care of yourself and to be healthier, which is exactly the right thing to be doing. Just drink and don't stress. You're also getting liquid from foods, too and that would be hard to add up, too. You're doing great keeping track of your water consumption, so don't let a few ice cubes cause you to stumble. I love ice and prefer to have it in any liquid. Well, I don't put ice in my hot tea or coffee, but I do love my ice. Keep on striving, @RichLars  because you're going to make it!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@RichLars  you're overthinking, but at least it's thinking in the right direction. You're trying to take care of yourself and to be healthier, which is exactly the right thing to be doing. Just drink and don't stress. You're also getting liquid from foods, too and that would be hard to add up, too. You're doing great keeping track of your water consumption, so don't let a few ice cubes cause you to stumble. I love ice and prefer to have it in any liquid. Well, I don't put ice in my hot tea or coffee, but I do love my ice. Keep on striving, @RichLars  because you're going to make it!

Best Answer

Weighing it with Ice in it will not give you the correct amount either.

Why not poor in a 16 Oz glass and then add to your app when you finish a glass. That's what I do anyways

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Thanks Odyssey & Wendy,

I tend to get a bit OCD on some stuff.  The intent on weighing was to weigh when full, then as I finished the water leaving only ice, weigh again to determine the amount of water I had consumed.  But I think you are right and just keep drinking and not over complicate things.

Thanks again, Rich

Best Answer

@RichLars  you're here because you care about yourself. Quite a few of us are a bit overboard on things, so you're in great company on the forums. The main thing is to enjoy the journey because if you make things too hard on yourself, you will be miserable. One sip of water at a time, just like you take one step at a time. 

Best Answer