Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with food logging

I wish the food logging was more functional. If you look up "steamed vegetables" for instance you'll get a dozen restaurants with the quantity being "one serving", whatever that might mean. Is everyone actually eating every meal out at a chain restaurant? It would be much more useful just to take the very complete database at Calorie King or similar, and use that.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Yes!  And wouldn't it be great if restaurant food was in a separate category altogether?  And maybe separate categories for fresh vs. processed? And I wish we could edit what foods are listed in those categories.  Just because I ate a 30 pack of fun size snickers in October, shouldn't out-weigh the chicken that I eat every week for a year.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly I think this is something you'll have to add in yourself on a component basis.  So if your steamed veggies consist of x amount of broccoli and x amount of carrots, for example, then you'll have to find the calorie counts on the packages and add them in manually.  But once you have it in, you can click the "favorite" star and it will show up in your Favorites column so you don't have to re-enter all the details.  A pain, I know.  I just made a batch of chicken, mushroom, and bean/veggie soup and didn't think to measure all the ingredients prior to making it.  So for more complex things I'm just estimating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in Cornwall too! 

Best Answer
0 Votes