Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fitbit User - Suggestion on Nutrition Goals

I've had my my Fitbit for a little less than 24 hours.  I came to the device looking for activity tracking and heart rate monitoring but my goodness the app adds so much more!  I was really surprised to find that Fitbit basically put all of the functionality of "myfitnesspal" right inside their app.  And it's great!

So here's my ask for the future - go farther with that idea.  Look at websites like "eatthismuch.com" - it's not enough to tell me how many calories I'm eating but am I eating the right mix of calories?  Is my diet deficient in some significant nutrient and can you suggest a food that would help fill in that gap?  

That's the next big step in nutrition tracking.

I love what I see so far!

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

The MyFitnessPal website has the nutritional levels at the bottom of the page.

Best Answer
0 Votes

MyFitnessPal is great for tracking food and the database is a huge help.  I track all food there and the other stuff in FitBit and they work together. 

My FitBit is a critical tool in my health plan.  My food is even bigger as I can workout for 1/2 hour and that is one stray candybar. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes please! This feature is a must have. 

I can't believe that fitbit lacks such necessary feature.

Obviously putting goals based onwhere our calories come from, e.g. grams of protein,  etc, is a must.

can't believe that all of fitbit nutritional goals is only bases on cals.

Please fitbit I don't get why should I need to install myfitnesspal for only this obvious fundamental goal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jcwillia1 wrote:

it's not enough to tell me how many calories I'm eating but am I eating the right mix of calories?  Is my diet deficient in some significant nutrient and can you suggest a food that would help fill in that gap?  

You may want to have a look at Understanding Healthy Eating, an e-book referenced in this topic (includes a link to another topic). It gives a good picture of what matters the most, the least and everything in-between. You can get 20% off this weekend with coupon code FALL20. OTOH, you can get a good summary of the e-book without buying it by listening to the two podcasts with the main author.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes