Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Food Log is Awful

I really hate the new food log (Feb 2019)!  I missed three days of logging food and came back to this punishment.  The only good thing is more focus on macros which helps with keto.

Hate the dark color and emphasis on time period over current day's log.  New entry method is clunky and requires too much clicking.

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

I do not like the changes Fitbit made to the food logging and tracking, I believe I will look for a better and user-friendly app, anyone for suggestions as to one that is better than this garbage, thank you in advance.

Best Answer

I use MyFitnessPal.com.  It has a long list of food items in its database and is very easy to use.

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you so much, I will definitely give this a try 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why can you not leave things alone. Now I will not track my food THANKS

Best Answer

Agree I think the new food tracking format is more tedious then before. Now have to put in time every entry where before it tracked when you last ate that food. More of a pain to track intake. Old format much easier for all.

Best Answer

I actually find it very confusing. It always says I'm "over" my calories, but then the bar graph shows that I'm exerting more calories through exercise than I'm taking in. So what does "over" mean? It doesn't mean anything. It's kinda stupid.

Best Answer

Hey guys, I've been using cronometer to track my food. It's simple and user friendly and syncs with your Fitbit! It's way better than Fitbit's tracking system.

Best Answer
Agree whomever redid this section really screwed up. Not only made it more
work to log but incorrect data. They way it was worked great and was fast
and much easier. Don't know who made this terriable decision.
Best Answer

Agree this revision is a mess. The page is way too busy and cumbersome. instead of having all my frequent foods automatically listed, I need to pull down the menu every time.  Every food automatically defaults to eaten "anytime"....seriously?  I'm one of those people who only drinks coffee for breakfast, previously when I selected coffee it defaulted to  breakfast.  Extra steps, hard to navigate....why are Fitbit improvements always so overdone? (see changes to weight tracking several years ago....)

Best Answer
Agree with you. Guess they some new people just out of school trying to
make a name for themselves and just screwing things up.
Best Answer

You may want to keep an eye on the main thread for this change at https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/New-Food-Logging-Page/td-p/3253537/highlight/fa...

Fitbit are monitoring that thread and providing feedback

Best Answer

Unfortunately, I have also quit tracking my food since this new downgraded form of calorie logging appeared.  I am busy  and this new method is going to take twice as long to enter food.  I don't have the time.  I have the app on my phone and don't log on it for the same reason.  It was easy and fast to log the previous days calories every morning before I left for work.  Now I have to decide whether to look for another program, or just stop logging.  So sad!! I really liked the old, easy method of logging. 

On the other hand I do like the graph at the top.  It would be so good if they put the old method under the graph.  

Best Answer

@nochange wrote:

Why can you not leave things alone. Now I will not track my food THANKS

Unfortunately, I have also quit tracking my food since this new downgraded form of calorie logging appeared.  I am busy  and this new method is going to take twice as long to enter food.  I don't have the time.  I have the app on my phone and don't log on it for the same reason.  It was easy and fast to log the previous days calories every morning before I left for work.  Now I have to decide whether to look for another program, or just stop logging.  So sad!! I really liked the old, easy method of logging. 

On the other hand I do like the graph at the top.  It would be so good if they put the old method under the graph.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

AGREE!!!!  The lightness of the food you log is horrible; almost invisible.  

Best Answer

agree, much better, thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

good I hope they do monitor, I would like them to be aware of the mess, thank you 🙂 

Best Answer

I use the Cronometer app to track my food for Keto. It's very simple and tracks macros and net carbs. It also sync's with Fitbit so my workouts/steps are logged. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree and thank you for the reply, I did start with the cronometer this morning 🙂

Best Answer

And now 9/18/19 they went back to same junk for tracking food intake.

Best Answer
0 Votes