Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oatmeal Recipes

This literally tastes like an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie!

1/4 cup oatmeal made with 1/2 c milk

1 tbsp mini chocolate chips

2 tbsp sweetened, shredded coconut

Paired with one large egg and it's a very satisfying 300 calorie breakfast!

I would love to see how you make your oatmeal! Share your recipes please. 🙂

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

@purplerose3 Thanks for the suggestion! 🙂 I'm definitely going to have to try this one.

I'm all about overnight slow cooker oatmeal recipes for steel-cut oats. For 4 servings, start with 1 cup of of steel-cut oats and 4 1/4 cups of water and about 3/4 cups of your choice of milk in a slow cooker. Go to bed, wake up in the morning to a heavenly aroma filling the kitchen...makes getting out of bed easier!

I love this combo because from there, the spice combinations are endless! Pumpkin spice for some seasonal flavor, anyone? A few toppings I love to throw in:

chopped apples (I put these in before cooking the oats)

cinnamon

lemon juice (I know, it sounds weird...but it tends to bring out the sweetness of the apples)

stevia or agave nectar/sugar (within reason)

raisins or other dried fruit

greek yogurt - helps to cool it down a bit and add some protein!

Emily | Community Moderator, Fitbit

All that stepping got you exhausted? Improve Your Zzzs!

Best Answer

I've recently been interested in savory oatmeal recipes, transforming oatmeal from a sweet breakfast staple into a hearty lunch/dinner accompaniment.

http://food.allwomenstalk.com/savory-oatmeal-recipes-to-give-you-a-fresh-new-taste-on-this-amazing-g... I've tried this recipe a few times now. Made for a great stew-like dish.

Best Answer

I like mine with brown sugar, maple syrup and raisins. It may not be the healthiest oatmeal, but it sure is delicious! 🙂

"You are a blessing in the universe. Dare to let yourself shine!"
Best Answer

One of my favorite ways to make oatmeal is to prepare it in an mostly empty jar of peanut butter, it's a great way to use up that last tiny bit of pb you can't scrape out. I also have been known to add a little bit of cookie butter to oatmeal when I am craving something sweet I find it works well for me since i get my bit of sweet and the oatmeal is nice and filling so the craving doesn't just come back later. As far as healthier options I love mixing in a couple chopped nuts with some cinnamon. it gives it just a touch of crunch wich i love.

Best Answer

I like black coffee with my oatmeal.  That is, black coffee in my oatmeal.  With some granola, crushed peanuts and sprinkle of brown sugar.  Then I'm good to go.  Carpe Diem!

Best Answer

Whoa, @rightdx coffee in the oatmeal? That's definitely a new one I'll have to try as well! @purplerose3 You were right..it tasted like a delicious cookie! 

Emily | Community Moderator, Fitbit

All that stepping got you exhausted? Improve Your Zzzs!

Best Answer

@Emily wrote:

@purplerose3 Thanks for the suggestion! 🙂 I'm definitely going to have to try this one.

I'm all about overnight slow cooker oatmeal recipes for steel-cut oats. For 4 servings, start with 1 cup of of steel-cut oats and 4 1/4 cups of water and about 3/4 cups of your choice of milk in a slow cooker. Go to bed, wake up in the morning to a heavenly aroma filling the kitchen...makes getting out of bed easier!

I love this combo because from there, the spice combinations are endless! Pumpkin spice for some seasonal flavor, anyone? A few toppings I love to throw in:

chopped apples (I put these in before cooking the oats)

cinnamon

lemon juice (I know, it sounds weird...but it tends to bring out the sweetness of the apples)

stevia or agave nectar/sugar (within reason)

raisins or other dried fruit

greek yogurt - helps to cool it down a bit and add some protein!

Hi Emely,

This sounds great....How many calories etc...are there

Best Answer
0 Votes

@rightdx wrote:

I like black coffee with my oatmeal.  That is, black coffee in my oatmeal.  With some granola, crushed peanuts and sprinkle of brown sugar.  Then I'm good to go.  Carpe Diem!

I have never heard of doing that! I usually have a tsp of honey in my oatmeal, when I am feeling adventurous I dice an apple and put some raisins in it as well!

Best Answer

Oatmeal with peanut butter and maple syrup. OM NOM NOM. 

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

My favorite oatmeal recipe:

Old-fashioned oatmeal

Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter (low-sodium if possible)

Envelope of no-sugar added cocoa/hot chocolate mix

The amount of oatmeal and p.b. are up to you.

Put all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Add hot water (commesurate with amount of oatmeal).

Microwave for 1-1 1/2 minutes (make sure the bowl is large enough, as this tends to overflow).

Mix well and eat.  This is like have dessert for breakfast. Nice amount of fiber and protein.And very filling and satisfying.

Best Answer

i'm going to try this tomorrow morning. sounds fabulous.

Best Answer
0 Votes

mash two bananas and then add some oatmeal until it's a cookie dough consistency (about a cup and a half)

then throw in a handfull of choc. chips and drop spoonfulls onto a cookie sheet and bake at 350 about 10-13 minutes. It makes yummy flourless cookies

Best Answer
0 Votes

I like putting apple spice or pumpkin spice in my oatmeal. Tastes like pie filling without the calories 🙂 sometimes I throw in some walnuts or pecans for some extra flavour and protein!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My go-to overnight oats include:

old-fashioned oats, flaxseed, steel-cut oats, dash of brown sugar, vanilla extract, vanilla greek yogurt, almond milk, sprinkled with chocolate chips. The recipe I found makes enough that it lasts for two breakfasts for me and it is delicious/keeps me full!

Best Answer
0 Votes

One of my favorite I've enjoyed an egg, banana and strawberry mix with coconut milk so it doesn't technically qualify as oatmeal I suppose, but it has the consitency. It's wonderful and filling! Raspberries on top makes it more complete. 

When I make oatmeal though, I like adding cinnamon, fruit and chia seeds 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Some of these oatmeal recipes sound wonderful & I will be trying some of them & most certainly the overnight slow cooker one with the steel oats & even the coffee one - sounds interesting.  I just make mine with dried cherries & brown sugar - holds me till lunch time!  Thanks for all the wonderful recipes!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Steel cut oats in the slow cooker!  For two servings, combine 1/2 cup oats with 2 cups liquid of your choice (I use unsweetened almond coconut milk) in a glass bowl.  Add fruit or seasonings and/or sweetner if you like.  My "classic" is grated apple, cinnamon, and a few teaspoons of brown sugar.  Pumpkin puree is good too, and so is mashed banana.  Put the bowl in the slow cooker and fill the crock with water almost to the top of the bowl's rim.  Cook overnight on low.  A delicious breakfast will be ready when you wake!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@purplerose3 wrote:

This literally tastes like an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie!

1/4 cup oatmeal made with 1/2 c milk

1 tbsp mini chocolate chips

2 tbsp sweetened, shredded coconut

Paired with one large egg and it's a very satisfying 300 calorie breakfast!

I would love to see how you make your oatmeal! Share your recipes please. 🙂

i use bakers cocco ,and 1/2 cup oats, and un salted peanut butter,with hot water for a protien kick

Best Answer
0 Votes

I never had thought of chocolate in oatmeal!

I tend to just eat plain oatmeal topped with fruit: raspberries or blueberries or a banana.i reaoly like making it with coconut or almond milk so it is creamy and hearty.

I have some some steel cut oats in my pantry that I have yet to try. The slow cooker recipe sounds fantastic!

Best Answer
0 Votes