Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paleo and calorie friendly sweets cravings?

So, I'm making a slow effort to turn my diet paleo, and calories are paramount as I have a very significant amount of weight to lose. However, I'm currently on medication that makes me crave sweets intensely all day long, and I'm not going to be able to go off this medication for at least two years, if I'm lucky. Does anyone have any recipes or snack ideas that might help with the cravings?
Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

quality dark chocolate (80% or higher) is quite tasty.

LCHF since June 2013
Best Answer

I eat dates when I get get sugar cravings. Sometimes I stuff them with almonds. I always buy pitted dates. It doesn't take too many to get over the craving. Also, I drink Stash Licorice Tea.  It satisfies my sweet tooth. 

Best Answer

HONEY on everything!!

honey on apples

honey in tea

I make these honey and almond butter oat balls just make them however and pop them in the freezer. you can even make them into bars but flattening them in plastic bags and freezing. add fruit if you like.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't really follow Paleo, but Meringues are delicious and some of them are 1 or 2 calories for a bag. 

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Depending on the season, I would say grapes, oranges, berries or cherries. They're all pretty sweet to satisfy a sugar craving. For a shelf-stable snack, then look at dried fruits like dried apricots or cherries and raisins.

Best Answer

"Meringues are delicious and some of them are 1 or 2 calories for a bag"

do you have a recipe or brand suggestion?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobsDaughter I found this recipe from Sparkpeople. I purchase a brand that has a bunch of mini packets, but I can't recall the brand Smiley Sad

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

liquorice tea usually works for me or some green and blacks 85% coco dark choc, Nom!

Best Answer
0 Votes