Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing my food log with friends

Day One user, sorry if this is a repost! 

My girlfriend prepares most of my meals. She's very meticulous about logging her calories and specifying every ingredient to her meal. I'm... less inclined to do all the leg work. 

So here's the question: Can my girlfriend share her food log with me in such a way that I can just click and add the meal to mine? I want the benefit of tracking nutrition without having to enter 12 ingredients 3 times a day. Otherwise I'll just end up manually entering the calories. 

Thanks for reading! 
Jacob

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the forums!

At this time it is not possible but please go vote for what you want here:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/idb-p/features

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well one thing you should be more pro active with your own meals. I also know you can scan the bar codes from things you eat and it can be added that way. Either that or you can create a custom food and yes it might be a pain, but after it is there and it is easy to input it next time. When you create a custom food there is a simplified view or detailed where you can add more things like fats/cholesterol/fiber and protein.

Best Answer

He’s asking about having a perfectly reasonable feature made available.  Fitbit’s implementation of meal tracking is @$$, and the custom meal feature is half-baked at best; it was most likely added in an attempt to appear somewhat competitive with other apps that have a much more useful implementation. 

I’ve been a premium member for over two years, but the only premium feature that’s worth anything is the sleep metrics, which is a shame.  Much more shameful is the complete lack of innovation from Google (Alphabet), after they took over Fitbit - they no longer care  about the app, just the devices and trying to upsell anyone who buys one a few months later.  

Best Answer
0 Votes