Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sneaky Snacks

ANSWERED

While I am new to FitBit, I am not new to weight loss and the tactics. You know how some days you just WANT something? Well, I WANTED cheese puffs. I didn't eat many of them - maybe 12. THEN I checked online and calculated the calories. I could have had a half turkey sandwich with a slice of provolone and a couple of mayo drops instead, and it would have been 17 calories less. From this moment on, I am going to check BEFORE I plunge. Thankfully, I did more walking than normal today, and I got this little "disco ball" alert from my FitBit while i was walking. It startled me. I thought I'd broken it. LOL Nope. I just broke my walking record. I was not over my calories, but I disappointed myself. It's after midnight now, so I forgave myself and moved on. Lesson learned. Hugs to all of you in this journey with me!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@GeorgyGirl66 I love your post. And I am a strong believer in forgiving yourself a momentary lapse in judgement.  I also believe if you have one of those I must have moments, it is best to have a bite of that must have item because before you know it, it blows up into a full on binge day. I also find distraction works. Leave the space where this must have item is calling your name. I have found that brushing my teeth or going for a walk or taking a ride eases the must haves. Gives me something else to think about. If I sit down in front of the TV- its a lost cause. I will be indulging. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

@GeorgyGirl66 I love your post. And I am a strong believer in forgiving yourself a momentary lapse in judgement.  I also believe if you have one of those I must have moments, it is best to have a bite of that must have item because before you know it, it blows up into a full on binge day. I also find distraction works. Leave the space where this must have item is calling your name. I have found that brushing my teeth or going for a walk or taking a ride eases the must haves. Gives me something else to think about. If I sit down in front of the TV- its a lost cause. I will be indulging. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer