Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So confused with Fitbit FOOD tracking

ANSWERED

I just can't for the life of me get it "right". 

Im either going "over" or "under" yesterday I "got it right" per off chance. But following the "food" on the dashboard it says I have eat xzy kjs left. When i eat that amount, by the end of the day I'm over!! 

Above is the amount of kjs I've been consuming. The plan is set to "hard" with a 0.9kg weight loss per week. I've followed fitbits "plan" for 2  weeks and lost nothing!!! These are the kjs I'm burning daily. 

And can't figure out where  I'm going wrong with fitbits plan??? I do over 10k steps daily and fitbit is supposed to calculate all this based on my movement etc. I can't figure out why I'm over the food all the time or under it. Why's the system so hard to get just right. And why aren't I losing weight like I should be based on the plan (-4100kj deficit). 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The system is based on an estimation of how much you will spend based on what you have spend so far in the day. So for example if you have a semi active morning doing chores and stuff, then you go to the gym in the afternoon, suddenly it will increase the remaining calories to eat because of what you spend and what it thinks you will spend assuming what you have done so far. But then if you spend the rest of the day without moving much then it is wrong. You need to take this into account.

Since anyway the estimation of calories spend is off by a large margin of error, the best is that you eat consistently. If by eating 5700 kj (For example) is OK compared to your average expense of 9000 kj then stick at 5700 kj regardless of what it says. If some days it is too much some other days it will be too little and it will average out just fine. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

IMG_20220910_075958.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_20220910_080038.jpg

Sorry for some reason it wouldn't let me post the pictures in the OP.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The system is based on an estimation of how much you will spend based on what you have spend so far in the day. So for example if you have a semi active morning doing chores and stuff, then you go to the gym in the afternoon, suddenly it will increase the remaining calories to eat because of what you spend and what it thinks you will spend assuming what you have done so far. But then if you spend the rest of the day without moving much then it is wrong. You need to take this into account.

Since anyway the estimation of calories spend is off by a large margin of error, the best is that you eat consistently. If by eating 5700 kj (For example) is OK compared to your average expense of 9000 kj then stick at 5700 kj regardless of what it says. If some days it is too much some other days it will be too little and it will average out just fine. 

Best Answer
0 Votes