Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

W30

Anyone interested in joining me in a W30 starting Oct 1? Would love to get some simple, quick recipes and ideas for breakfast. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
39 REPLIES 39

What's a W30?  I'm new... 🙂

Best Answer
I did it 12 weeks and did very well. Good luck!

https://www.fitbit.com/group/22KLTTSpring Into Summer 2016Perseverance and moving on is who I am
Best Answer
0 Votes

It is a 30 day elimination eating program. It is paleo minus any sweeteners. At the end of 30 days, or more if you choose, you systematically reintroduce eliminated foods to see if any trigger reactions. Very clean eating and full control over what is in your food. A quick google search will bring up Whole 30's website...not sure the rules here, so not sure if I can link it.

Best Answer

Thanks. This will be my 3rd in 3 years. I suspect SIBO as I had a piece of candy and it set me off. I need to reset my body and start healing. I also glutened myself out of stupidity--and I am highly reactive to it. Can't believe I forgot soy sauce had gluten....it isn't just the soy that has me using coconut aminos.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This looks very interesting, I have been suffering from digestive issues for years, one extreme to the other.  I did go gluten free for several weeks and got some relief.  Can you do this without buying the books they recommend?  it looks like a no grain, dairy,sugar food plan.  I avoid grains anyways but I do have yogurts,  I am not sure how I can do this and stay on my weight loss program.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It can be done without the books. The books explain why those rings are
destructive to our guts. Most people loose easily on this. By eating higher
good fats you stay full longer and your body fat adapts. When that happens
your body burns body fat for energy instead of relying on carbs you eat.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @JCPRUITT!!

I started my third Whole30 on Monday, so we can be accountability partners if you'd like!! I have a couple of friends doing it with me this time, and this will be the first time I've had a group, and I can already tell you it makes a huge difference! I'm also highly reactive to wheat, but not only because of the wheat itself, but also because of the pesticides they use. Lovely. I was told I had "seasonal allergies" and I would just have to deal with it, but I was sick all the time and the stomach issues made me lose time at work fairly often, and after I changed my diet (I was eating a normal-person "healthy" diet before), my life has changed. Isn't it awesome??!

Here are a few popular breakfasts in my group:
-Scrambled eggs with veggies, avocado, and fruit
-Turkey sausage  (leave out the sugar), an apple, and nuts
-Larabar with compliant trail mix (emergency on-the-go breakfast)
-Egg muffins

These can all be made the night before. 🙂 I can post a picture of my weekly meal plan, if you'd like. I work a ton and volunteer, and my husband works/goes to school, so we are always busy, and nearly everything on the plan can be made fast!

@Annie-NH, you can definitely do this and stay on a weight loss plan! The goal here is not necessarily to lose weight, but to be as healthy as we can be. Although, I don't know a single person who has done the Whole30 and not lost weight. Here are a couple of tips that really help:

-Make a Facebook/social group (you can set it to private so people feel better about sharing their experiences), and talk to the group at least once a day! My group posts pictures of their meals, at every meal. It's really only takes a couple of minutes, but it makes it more difficult to allow cheats.

-Plan, plan, plan! Make a weekly meal plan, make plans for snacks, plan for sugar-cravings, and plan for the unexpected.

-Know that you can do it! You can, that I promise you!

Also, while it can ABSOLUTELY be done without the books, they are quite helpful. If you go to Audible.com and sign up for a free trial, you can get the audiobook for It Starts With Food. Even if you don't do the program, the information presented is just wonderful!

You can find the Whole30 rules and everything here

"You can't out-run your fork!"
Best Answer
Only had a chance to skim through as am at work. Great ideas. I am in a
paleo group where we are doing it. I am now actually in day 2, but extra
days are a non issue for me.

I will have to read more in depth once at home and on a PC.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@JCPRUITT@Annie-NH@MRoseKeep us posted on how it goes! Share some pictures of what you're eating as well to give others some ideas! Robot Very Happy

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I can do that
Best Answer

@JCPRUITTAwesome! Looking forward to seeing some delicious pics! Robot tongue

Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn't do a pic of this, but here is last night's Summer Squash Chili:

1# bison, ground

1# grass fed beed, ground

1.5 C Onion, chopped

2 C green pepper, chopped

2.5 C zucchini, chopped

1.5 C yellow squash, chopped

2 C diced tomatoes (home canned)

8 C tomato juice (home canned)

Salt

pepper

chili spice of choice

In a dutch oven (or 4-5 Q pot), brown the meat and add chili spice (I used prezney's Northwest Woods). Remove meat from pot and set aside. Drain fat if desired or too much (I did not). Sweat onions and peppers in same pot. Return meat to pot and add summmer squash, chopped tomatoes, and tomatoe juice. Season to taste. It needs to simmer about 2 hours, or more. 

You can add any veggies you want. Make sure you cook the harder veggies before returning the meat to the pot. Simple comfort food.

Best Answer

Egg  muffins. I used peppers, onions, compliant precooked sausage, and 12 eggs.

1) sweat veggies and add sausage, allow to col

2) fill silicon muffin tins @1/3 full of mix

3) top with nbeaten eggs (I zipped mine in my vitamix)

4) bake 12 min (more if not ready) at 350 F.

5) enjoy.2015-10-05 19.25.56.jpg

Best Answer

I didn't take pictures, but this is what I made last night: Enchilada Bake. It saves really well! This Lizard Sauce complements it well, too. I keep a bottle of that around all the time now that I have tried it (although I'd recommend a tad less cumin)!

"You can't out-run your fork!"
Best Answer

@JCPRUITTWas it as good as it sounds?! Yum yum yum! Thanks for adding the picture for the egg muffins! Robot Very Happy

@MRoseThat enchilda bake looks like heaven! Is the Lizard Suace very spicy or mildly? I'm loving all these pics and links to the food you are making! Keep em coming! Robot tongue

Best Answer
0 Votes
Absolutely. Though next time I need to add nutmeg.
Best Answer

I make Peruvian Style Chicken regularly and it is Whole30 and Paleo. It's from Danielle Walker's Against All Grain cookbook. It's easy to make, and (I'm lazy so) I love having leftovers for later. And best of all, my daughter loves this dish (Yay!). This blogger has reviewed the recipe and walks you through the process:
https://paleogirlmn.wordpress.com/2014/10/02/recipe-review-danielle-walkers-peruvian-style-chicken-f...

She even has a photo of the page in the cookbook if you want to look over the ingredients list and instructions. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I love Danielle Walker. I follow the rule of the Paleo bloggers. When I
figure out next week's menu I'll go ahead and post it
Best Answer
0 Votes

@FayeValentineThe picture of the Peruvian chicken is everything! Yum! Robot wink

img_3292-e1412303986669.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes