Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What did you have for breakfast?

What is breakfast? 

It`s first meal that you eat in period of 30 min, since you woke up. 

What should contain?

"You need a good source of complex carbohydrates and sufficient protein,

vitamins and minerals to get your day off to the best start.  The BREAKFAST contains the all the nutrients you need to sustain your energy levels, stay fuller for longer and achieve maximum health." -
Luigi Gratton, M.P.H.

Most common breakfast: 

1. Simple carbohydrate-based Breakfast

High calories, low nutrients, low protein. Does your day start with
white bread, a sugary cereal or a pastry? These foods may give
you a short burst of energy but they lack the protein, fibre, vitamins
and minerals your body needs. Shortly after eating, you'll notice
your energy levels drop, making you feel tired and reach for
unhealthy snacks that can lead to weight gain.

2.No Breakfast

Low calories, low nutrients, low protein. Do you skip breakfast and then
snack to get the energy you need? Skipping breakfast means your body
has to draw on reserves of nutrients and water that will have depleted
overnight. This can make you feel tired, irritable and prone to snacking
on sugary foods for an energy boost.

WHAT DID YOU HAVE FOR BREAKFAST?

"If you want things to change, YOU have to change." J.Rohn

Moderator Edit: All caps subject.

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

I rarely eat anything before mid day

You dont get cravings after a couple of days

Its only if you normaly eat breakfast and miss it that you snack, thats why I stopped.

The Original Post is historic if not mythological

Unless you have a physically demanding job, you really dont need to "top up" in the morning, your body will be quite happy to burn fat to sustain you as it does all the rest of the day and night, it certainly wasnt burning your carb stores whilst you were sleeping.

Charge HR 2
208lbs 01/01/18 - 197.8lbs 24/01/18 - 140lbs 31/12/18
Best Answer
0 Votes

well, technically yes ... if i eat the cleanest  diet like steamed broccoli and chicken breast, i'd probably be very full at 200 something calories. i'd also probably last a month with that diet before i'd turn incredible hulk on the nearest pizza parlor.

one thing i know is that there are no real rules of healthy and balanced nutrition - eat this many times a day, eat only this ratio of macros, etc. etc. ... i mean, sure, on paper it works. but in real life? ... perhaps you could do it @ZeljkoManojlovi, i mean judging on your before and after pics, you do not have real weight problems, but for the most of us normal humans? good luck keeping it up for 3 years.

i am with @DominicJ on this one. no real rules. just some stuff people believe are rules just because they have an easier time following it.

i believe in the basics: find the most effective way to get in a calorie deficit, and the type of exercise/physical movement you need to achieve what you need and/or want - be it athletic, a skill related to a hobby, or just so you can live longer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DominicJ wrote:

I rarely eat anything before mid day

You dont get cravings after a couple of days

Its only if you normaly eat breakfast and miss it that you snack, thats why I stopped.

The Original Post is historic if not mythological

Unless you have a physically demanding job, you really dont need to "top up" in the morning, your body will be quite happy to burn fat to sustain you as it does all the rest of the day and night, it certainly wasnt burning your carb stores whilst you were sleeping.

Thank you for your post @DominicJ . I respect your oppinion and if it works for you that`s just OK.

The quotes from original post are from doctors, who devoted their lives and years of research to this issues, one of them has Nobel prize, so I would`t quite call them mythological or historical. 

The breakfast provides you 40% energy for the day, if have it.. Your body will do what your head thinks if the head thinks you(body) can be without breakfast, then the body will be quiet and it will be without breakfast.. You can teach and train your body to be without food and water, but eventualy you... +. 🙂

Best Answer

@reuel wrote:

well, technically yes ... if i eat the cleanest  diet like steamed broccoli and chicken breast, i'd probably be very full at 200 something calories. i'd also probably last a month with that diet before i'd turn incredible hulk on the nearest pizza parlor.

one thing i know is that there are no real rules of healthy and balanced nutrition - eat this many times a day, eat only this ratio of macros, etc. etc. ... i mean, sure, on paper it works. but in real life? ... perhaps you could do it @ZeljkoManojlovi, i mean judging on your before and after pics, you do not have real weight problems, but for the most of us normal humans? good luck keeping it up for 3 years.

i am with @DominicJ on this one. no real rules. just some stuff people believe are rules just because they have an easier time following it.

i believe in the basics: find the most effective way to get in a calorie deficit, and the type of exercise/physical movement you need to achieve what you need and/or want - be it athletic, a skill related to a hobby, or just so you can live longer.

Thank you for post @reuel  . I`m keeping this kind of balanced nutrition for 6 years now and it works for me on my job and free time.. And belive me as I work like highway police officer I have my food with me, even on motorcycle.

I had overwight problem, it was just hard to see becouse I`m tall.

You always have a choice what will you put in your mouth. Good, bad or nothing.

We are what we eat..

Best Answer
0 Votes

But Dominic, we do burn while we are asleep....

Burdie
FitHR Charge....Weight Watchers....Meltdown Challenge....Samsung......Windows 8....Educator.....Lucille Roberts
Best Answer
0 Votes

ok everyone.  We are certainly smart enough to know that you can hear one person recommend one thing, and turn around and have another person recommend the complete opposite.  Some suggestions are for sure......if you eat pizza and ice cream everyday, you would probably put on a few pounds.  WE ARE WHAT WE EAT and not everything works for everybody.  You take what you can, and you leave the rest.  90% of what we look like is what we put in our mouths, and 10% is activity.

So.....what works for me, may not work for Dominic or reul, etc. I follow Weight Watchers, FIT, and I'm on the Meltdown challenge.  I've learned so much in all the forums, and I take what I can........well you know the rest.

Sincerely,

Take notes

Burdie
FitHR Charge....Weight Watchers....Meltdown Challenge....Samsung......Windows 8....Educator.....Lucille Roberts
Best Answer

I always have cereal and a cup of yogurt for breakfast. It has been like this since 12 years ago. I'm not sure why but I never get bored of eating cereal in the mornings. Smiley LOL

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

@BurdsNest wrote:

But Dominic, we do burn while we are asleep....

Agree.. You don`t switch off when you sleep... Lok on dashboard, you are burning 15-20 cals per 15 min..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'll cook Garlic,ginger,1xchilli, 1/2 red onion,mushrooms, 1/2 red and yellow capsicum (pepper),kale, leek baby spinach and tomatoes with 2 x eggs cooked with  some coconut oil himalayan salt and pepper to taste goes down a treat everytime

Best Answer

IMHO a bowl of oatmeal, juice or fresh fruit, and in my case several large cups of coffee are the best way to start the day. Oatmeal is a bunch of good nutrients, takes awhile to digest meaning you aren't hungry again right away. Plus it's easy to make, a good thing for those of us who are groggy till the coffee is ready.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My breakfast usually consists of:

12oz of coffee with cream 

2 slices of thick-cut bacon (smoked, not cured) 

Sometimes I'll have a fried egg as well, or half an avocado, or an omelette with cheese and mushrooms and spinach. But usually it's just coffee and bacon. I'll rarely eat bread, but if I do I'll melt some cheese on it. If I eat my usual at around 8am I won't be hungry until 2-4pm which is when I'll typically have a snack (or a workout, which always kills my hunger), and then a dinner consisting of 6-8oz of protein and a fibrous veggie of some kind. I'm a big fan of brussel sprouts, asparagus, spinach, broccoli, collards... not really into potatoes. I feel like they don't have any flavour except in french fry form =T 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fasted cardio within 10 minutes of waking up. 

Awesome protein shake immediately afterwards. 

Frozen Berries and Cherries (1 cup), Quest Vanilla protein powder (1 scoop), and fat free milk (1 cup). 

Calories: 260 Carbs: 34g Fat: 0g Protein: 31g

About 2 hours later, I made egg white muffins. Oh so yummy. 

Liquid Egg Whites (6 tbs), minced Deli Turkey Breast (1 oz), fresh mozzarella (0.67 oz). Bake in oven for 16 minutes at 350 degrees. Yields 2 muffins. 

Calories: 127 Carbs: 2g Fat: 4g Protein: 18g

Best Answer

I had oatmeal with cinnamon, sweetened with pure maple syrup and strawberries on top.  Coffee too, of course.

Best Answer
Sounds very like my breakfast, but I also add turmeric, curry leaves and black pepper and grated carrot - Indian scrambled eggs
Best Answer
0 Votes
This was a reply to Tatts, don't know what I did wrong !
Best Answer
0 Votes

Interresting... When I described my breakfast in a post, it was deleted in a short mather of time, becouse I writed the brand.. 

Seem`s that there is different criteria..

Anyway, GOOD post.. People should know that, "regular" food is not what it was 10, 15, 20 years ago. 

It looks the same, but it`s nutritional value is 20x less, that used to be.. Ask your grandparents if apple taste the same as when they were young..

Food supplement are required from year 2000, said by WHO (World Health Organization).

I use them... And I feel GREAT!!! 😄

Probably this post will be deleted in short matter of time,even if I didnt write down any of label or brand,

but sorry this is the truth and we, Fitbit also, are promoting Healhy and Active Lifestyle.

Best Answer

I have been taking food supplements for 4 years and have had no viruses or colds at all in that time.

I take cordyceps and turmeric capsules, and olive leaf , which comes in capsule or liquid form .

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mrslikejazz  

oooh that sounds interesting! I really want to try it now 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good. How much does it cost`s you per month?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Almost every morning I have a smoothie for breakfast. My favorite is my chocolate smoothie but I also have a banana/blueberry one that taste delicious! Note that you need a strong blender (I use vitamix).

Chocolate Smoothie

1 cup almond milk unsweetened

1-2 tbsp cocoa

1 tbsp coconut oil

1 tbsp ground flax seed

1 small frozen banana

1 cup spinach

1 carrot

Blueberry Banana Smoothie

1 cup almond milk unsweetened

1 tbsp coconut oil

1 tbsp ground flax seed

1 cup spinach

1 carrot

1 small frozen banana

1 cup frozen blueberres (or fresh)

*If I only have fresh bananas/blueberries (none frozen) I add a bit of ice. Also if bananas and/or blueberries are not very sweet I add a lil bit of stevia.

Best Answer
0 Votes