Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you eat on rest days?

ANSWERED

Do you take rest days? If so how many a week typically? Do you do any recovery type workouts on your rest days such as yoga?

Please share an example menu, the more detailed the better. I could use some ideas for my own meal plan.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I do workout 2-4 times a week ( it varies due to my busy schedule that very often affects my plans ) which includes various types of a workout from running to a gym workout. I eat pretty much same way on all days. Days with workout are slightly richer in the protein food ( mostly plant-based, dairy from time to time, meat - very very little and rare ). Since my diet is pretty much balanced I don't see much of difference. Recovery day or not - I try to keep it healthy and balanced. If it's any help I also grabbed few ideas from the book "Training food" recommended to me by my friend who's an athlete ( like a full-blown type of athlete 😄 ). However, I'm not following it blindly as I'm not an athlete. It's just one of the sources of knowledge that I found useful on the way to understand my food.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Gah I thought I was in the health and fitness section. How do I delete or move this thread?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I love the word Gah!  Better than D'oh!

Bad News - I don't think you can delete a thread (but you can say something objectionable and the moderators will delete it for you, don't ask me how I know this)

Good News -- you can edit and completely change your post -- so all you have to do is come up with a post that is appropriate for the forum and sub it in.

As to meals for recovery days, people will probably have more helpful ideas if they know what you are trying to accomplish and what you are eating on your exercise days.  My practice is to choose macronutrients with recovery in mind.   Not really answering your question directly, I know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Both of those ideas occurred to me haha I am looking to lose about 12 lbs, gradually as I have thyroid issues and my metabolism is sensitive. Health is more of priority than my vanity though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do workout 2-4 times a week ( it varies due to my busy schedule that very often affects my plans ) which includes various types of a workout from running to a gym workout. I eat pretty much same way on all days. Days with workout are slightly richer in the protein food ( mostly plant-based, dairy from time to time, meat - very very little and rare ). Since my diet is pretty much balanced I don't see much of difference. Recovery day or not - I try to keep it healthy and balanced. If it's any help I also grabbed few ideas from the book "Training food" recommended to me by my friend who's an athlete ( like a full-blown type of athlete 😄 ). However, I'm not following it blindly as I'm not an athlete. It's just one of the sources of knowledge that I found useful on the way to understand my food.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunnerwrote:

Gah I thought I was in the health and fitness section. How do I delete or move this thread?

Seeing this post is about food, I think it is in the right section?

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer
0 Votes

I eat the same everyday.

I do walk 7 days a week. But Sunday I do less than the other days. I just dont feel right unless I get a walk in

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer