Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you think of the Keto diet?

ANSWERED

I am thinking of changing my eating lifestyle. I have looked into the Keto diet. Have you had success with it if you have tried it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
66 REPLIES 66

I highly recommend Keto, I have lost around 35-40 lbs within about 6 months and it is sustainable weight loss.  During the holidays I have gone off of it and have only gained about 7 lbs, but I am getting back into it now because I would like to lose about 25 more pounds to be at my ultimate goal weight.  It can be done easily and very affordably because you don't eat as much and you are not eating out, I was cooking at home every other night and just having leftovers on days I didn't cook, and only having 2 meals a day and feeling extremely full and satisfied with that.  At first you count your carbs but after a few months you don't really need to track because you get so used to knowing the amount of carbs in foods.  It is great if you want something long term that regulates your weight and gives you lots of energy and optimism!

Good luck

Best Answer

Welcome @kristy2005lee - glad to hear you are enjoying the Keto experience!  I find I enjoy the increased mental energy, and how easy it is to skip meals.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would have been dead 6 months ago if it were not for keto.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Keto saved my life.

Best Answer

i cannot sustain it for any lengthy period of time, but if my weight is vere creeping up to a certain number then I whack in a month or so stint.  My last 28 day challenge is documented http://weightlossopedia.com/keto-28-day-challenge/

I would ad a disclaimer saying I'm not sure how healthy my strategy is, but I just cannot stay on Keto for a long period of time as I personally find it just too restrictive (mainly alcohol) 🍺

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do it whenever i have to loose weight, it seems to work well for me but its a lot of work and expensive if you actually want to eat things that taste nice!! its not sustainable long term though i think, however after 2 lockdowns this year im on a 3 month keto run to try and drop 10kg

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is a high-fat, low-carb diet in ketosis in which your body converts to fat for energy, which reduces your fat and overall weight. It's great for weight loss, but it has its unique problems that no one talks about. Weight loss on the keto diet is faster than other diet programs, but you can't eat everything else in excess just because you're cutting back on carbs. This is very important because other diet programs may allow you to have a cheat day because of the slow weight loss process. Still, it is strictly forbidden in the keto diet, and skipping one day can make you gain weight. But I do recommend it, as it has helped me a lot. Go to https://eatpropergood.com/blogs/a-proper-good-blog/can-you-have-a-cheat-day-on-keto to learn more from the experts about this diet.

Best Answer
0 Votes