Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the single best recipe you have ever made?

Mine is from Real Simple, here it is:

Ingredients:

• 12 ounces rigatoni
  • slices bacon
  • 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • pint grape tomatoes
  • ouncesbaby spinach

Directions:

1. Cook 12 ounces rigatoni according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
  2. In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, 5 to 6 minutes; remove and crumble.
  3. Add the chicken to the bacon drippings in the skillet and cook over medium-heat, turning, until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook, tossing, until beginning to soften, 1 to 2 minutes.
  4. Add the chicken mixture, spinach, bacon, and ¼ cup of the reserved pasta water to the pasta and toss to combine (add more water if pasta seems dry).

Did I mention is 141 calories per serving? Yummy! Smiley Tongue

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
97 REPLIES 97

I cook most of the  meals  that my family eats. I have never bought a school lunch yet in my kids life, Older one just graduated high school last week, So it will be hard to say about any recipe being the best i ever made.

I love different cuisines, I am from India and love using spices so one recipe will never do....!

I make complex dishes and then super easy.

But here is my Summer recipe to go to when I am tired and kids are hungry....

Couscous Salad.

1 cup couscous (fine)

1/2 cup thawed frozen peas,

1/2 cup frozen coen thawed

1/2 cup garbanzo beans

1/2 cup  dried triple berry 

1/4 cup Pine nuts,

1/4 cup slivered almonds

1 english cucumber diced

2 tomatoes diced

1 md size red onion diced

1/4 cup  each of finely chopped parsely, basil and spring onion.

1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar

1/4 cup olive oil,

1/4 cup Lime juice.

1 tsp of crushed Pepper flakes.

1-Boil 1 1/2 cup of water. Add 1 tsp of  salt and 1 tbsp of Olive oil, when it comes to a roaring boil add couscous, stir it and get it off the heat with cover on. Wait 8-10 minutes. Fluff it with a fork and leave it out to cool.

2- in a big bowl mix in Vinegar, oil and lime juice.add ll the herbs and crushed peppers stir it a bit.

3- add all the dried berries and nuts to the bowl and stir.

4- Now add peas, Garbanzo beans, corn, diced vegetables. stir it 

5- Add the cooled and fluffed couscous to the mix, taste it to adjust the salt.

Serve it cool or at room temperature with any Middle eastern salad or Hummus and Tahini.

Couscous Salad

Arise Awake stop not till the goal is reached.
Best Answer

@Desidee  that looks awesome! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Desidee That looks yummy yummy! Smiley Wink

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
thank you @Megara9

Arise Awake stop not till the goal is reached.
Best Answer
0 Votes

That looks delicious @Desidee, thanks for the recipe! 

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I love skinnytaste recipes...
Best Answer
Giada from the cooking channel has a great white bean chili turkey recipe
Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer

Oh wow! Thank you so much @Megara9! I will be writing this down asap Smiley Very Happy

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the link @Eposner!

Best Answer
0 Votes

sometime you can do the same thing and replace zucchini with power greens from costco. 🙂

Best Answer

My dad recently gave me a lot of frozen chicken thighs, and I'm always looking for a good filling entree salad recipe, so I tried Spicy Grilled Chicken Salad with Noodles this week. It was amazing. My husband and I had it for dinner two nights ago, and we've been eating it for lunch the last two days. It's one of those things that tastes better after it sits in the fridge. The recipe recommends warming the salad a bit to keep the noodles from being too stiff, but I didn't find that to be necessary, the noodles I used are fine straight out of the fridge. The vegetables are all staying crunchy as well. The only thing I had to substitute was the savoy cabbage, I couldn't find one in either of the stores I went to. I used three baby bok choy instead.

https://food52.com/recipes/18091-spicy-grilled-chicken-salad-with-noodles

Best Answer

Sounds delicious @pidgeon92 and I'm glad your husband loved it.  Robot wink 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sarah24 I tried that turkey quinoa meatloaf after reading your post and it is absolutely wonderful!! And so healthy, too. Thank you for sharing that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I definitely have to try that! 

Fitbit Community ModeratorVivian | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did this help you? Help others by marking it as a solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

pesto chicken bake 

1 packet of mccormick pesto mix 

1.5 pounds of chicken breast aprox. 3 breasts

3/4 cup of crystal farms regular mozzarella 

pour half of the prepared pesto mix in a baking dish place the clicken on top 

cover ckicken with the rest of the  mix 

and cover each breast with mozzarella 

bake at 350 for aprox. 20 minutes or until fully cooked and meat reaches 165 degrees... cheese will be lightly browned

pair with  steamed vegetables or garlic and olive oil noodles 

Best Answer

That sounds very healthy and delicious @AlexisEicherCat Very Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlexisEicher it sounds yummy! Doesn't it dry out on the oven? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband and my favorite from a cooking for two cookbook:

2 tablespoon vegetable or peanut oil
1 garlic clove pealed and finely chopped or ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast, finely sliced
1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
2 tablespoon roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
2 cups fresh sugar snap peas or one bag frozen (defrosted)
2 tablespoon chicken stock
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
A large pinch sugar

Heat a wok or large skillet, add the oil, and when hot carefully swirl the oil around the wok until the sides are lightly coated. Add the garlic and stir-fry for 10-20 seconds until starting to brown. Add the red pepper flakes and stir-fry fro another few seconds.

Add the finely sliced chicken to the wok and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until the chicken has turned white.

Add the following ingredients, stirring well after each addition: fish sauce, peanuts, sugar snap peas, chicken stock, light and dark soy sauces, and sugar. Give a final stir.

Bring the contents of the wok to a boil, and then simmer gently for 2-4 minutes until the chicken and vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat and turn into a warm serving dish. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve immediately with boiled or steamed rice.

Super simple for week night dinner, and relitivly healthy!  I use low sodium soy sauce.

Best Answer

Made something good this past week...

Take two chicken breasts and cut them into bite-sized pieces the night before.

In the morning, put about 2 cups of Herdez salsa verde and a small can of diced green chiles into the crockpot.  Stir the two together, dump in the chicken and stir that up.  Close the lid and set the crockpot for low.

When you get ready for dinner, remove the lid, add a can of drained black beans and give it one more stir.

That's it.  Really good stuff.  I served it over white rice, but you really don't need to.  It's good on its own. If you want more, then just add more chicken and salsa verde.  Super easy.  And seriously good.

PS: I originally added the black beans in the morning and let them cook all day, which isn't necessary since they're already cooked.  It didn't hurt anything or make them gross, but it just turned the whole thing dark brown.  So drain them and add them in at the end.

FitBit One
"You should really wear a helmet."
5K 9/2015 - 36:59.57
Best Answer