Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your favorite healthy breakfast?

ANSWERED

We see members of our community posting healthy and delicious recipe ideas on this forum every day, and want to work on compiling some of them into an organized resource for everyone to enjoy! We're kicking things off with the first meal of most of our days: breakfast.

Everyone has their own go-to health eats, so we encourage you to share your own! To participate:

1. Reply in this thread with your favorite healthy breakfast. Try to include specifics like measurements and instructions, or reference the original site/author if it's not your own recipe.
  2. Vote on other posted recipes!

Once we have a good number of recipes, Fitbit's own in-house nutritionist will take a look at the top posts to give them a healthy stamp of approval. We'll then compile everything into a download, and you can get going with some new Community-approved breakfast recipes!

Can't wait to see what we come up with together!

Best Answer
102 REPLIES 102

With colder mornings, I love oatmeal, so all the oatmeal suggestions are great.  I like the McCann's Quick Cooking Irish Oatmeal.  I use 1/4 -1/3 cup dry and pack it in a tupperware cup, then I pack a tbsp of peanut butter, a half tsp of light brown sugar, and a tbsp of dried cranberries and sliced almonds in another tupperware cup.  When I get to work I pour 1/2-2/3 cup of cold water over the oatmeal and heat in the microwave until it's puffed up a couple times, stopping it each time before it overflows the container.  Then I mix in all the add-ins and usually top with either an 1/8 of a cup of almond milk (rarely cream but I will if I want a thicker oatmeal, not as healthy I guess) and let it sit a minute.  It tastes like a warm, melty, peanut butter cookie dough and it keeps me full until lunch and I make sure to zoom around and do some stairs so I don't feel guilty.

I also like a fried egg with scallions (green onion) or shallots with kale and shredded cheddar.  I use about a handful of raw kale and when I flip the egg, I toss the kale in the pan and put a cover over it, turning the burner down to wilt the kale.  Then I scatter the cheese, put the cover back on and take the pan off the heat.  I reheat in the microwave once I get to work.

Or, if I have no time and I plan ahead, I use Bear Naked Peanut Butter Granola and put a tbsp into greek yogurt and let it sit overnight and top with berries.  For some reason, I'm not a fan of overnight oats cold, but I'm okay with granola soaking in yogurt all night.  I'm sure its the same thing but I can't square it away in my head.  Happy Breakfast all!

Best Answer
My daily breakfast for summer and winter consists of 1/3 cup of yogurt, 2 tbl spoons of chia seeds, 1/2 cup of frozen organic berries, 1 banana or 1 kiwi, 1/3 cup of large oat flakes, some cinnamon. I stir all these ingrediences with almond milk a night before and have this for breakfast every day. I also prepare another batch for afternoons and at times switch banana with apples or pineapple.
Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer

My favorite breakfast is an oatmeal smoothie, with bananas, strawberries, flaxseed,  and cinnamon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I like to eat eggs with spinach, onions and mushrooms . I do a lot with eggs sometimes I add Quinoa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is more a "It Fits My Macros" quick breakfast:

One boiled egg I've kept in the fridge, and my homemade version of "You're Too Addicted To Starbucks, Girl" -- between the two it's 218 calories, 34% from carbs, 25% from protein.

The recipe, for those who are hopelessly addicted to expensive coffee:

8oz of espresso (some give espresso the same calories as coffee, Invivo suggests this brand actually does have some calories from the oils extracted in the crema, so I count it as 21 calories for 4 shots)
8 oz (when cold) of 2% milk (120-130 calories depending on brand, but the macros are always the same on the labels) 
Whatever Torani Sugar Free Flavoring I want that day (no sugar alcohols and I'm counting the espresso as calories, so 0 calories)

I use my Dedica to make the 4 shots of espresso, and use the "hot milk" setting to heat the milk, dump coffee first in my 20 oz mug, add flavoring to my heated milk and stir, then add that to the coffee in the mug and stir some more.  

I list it as 146 calories, 19 carbs, 5.4g fat, 8.3g protein, if you're trying to go for low carb count it as 5 grams fat and 8 grams protein -- the amount in just the milk for those two macros).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Low calorie wheat toast with avocado and chia seeds and seasons:(turmeric, garlic and cumin).  It adds up to ~ 225 Cals.  This keeps me full until lunch and provides much needed energy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have 3 eggs, fried in extra virgin olive oil with tomato sauce (1,021KJ) and a coffee. I love eggs and prefer to fry them rather than poach as they are easier to eat and i can turn them over in the pan. I'm "adjusting my BMI", I don't use the word "diet" because that word has connotations of temporariness or something special and "diets" per se don't work because of the mindset that goes with them. Does that make sense?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am flexible and like to enjoy a range of options. But one of my favourites is an egg on toast with olive oil-a medium-sized fried tomato, handful of mushrooms, and a small eggplant. On top of this sprinkle some parmesan cheese//chili/LSA. If I'm very hungry I'll add another egg or a small slice of salmon.

Another high-rater is oats with honey, fruit and seeds, with yoghurt either mixed-in or on the side.

Oh, and add a small juice and coffee or tea 🙂

Best Answer

Great I like boil eggs

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t eat meat, dairy, or eggs. I have 1/2 whole grain English muffin with almond butter, All Bran Buds cereal with 1/2 of a banana and almond milk, and an orange. Breakfast is my biggest meal of the day.

Best Answer
I am trying to loose weight so keeping the calories down is a concern, just got my Fitbit. I toast a slice of a local sourdough bread with flax & sunflower seeds 110 cal. A tbsp organic almond butter. A fruit and a glass of water.
MoniquehH

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
That seems to be a low calorie diet, but what are you eating for the rest of the day?
How about getting away from bread and almond butter and eat yogourt with chia seeds,
frozen fruits and large oat flakes (not instant).
I certainly like my fitbit Versa – it encourages me to keep moving all day long.
Rainer

Best Answer

I try to eat carbs 1st thing in the morning. I go to the gym & walk 2-3 miles then I do HIIT on the elliptical for 30 minutes 3 days a week. Then I jog 2-3 miles and do weight training 2 days a week. I take off Wednesday & Sunday.  I haven’t found a plant based yogurt I like, as of yet.  I really don’t like yogurt anyway or cooked oatmeal.  I make a lot of different soups, salads, stir fry veggies, dried beans or peas, and I drink 1 or 2 planted based protein shakes with all kinds of fruits & berries.  I add either chia, flaxseed, or even hemp seeds to the shakes.  If I want a snack I eat a few walnuts, pistachios, or almonds. I just had a doctors appointment last Thursday & I’m doing excellent for a 52 peri-menopausal woman.  My blood pressure was 116/62 and my resting heart rate was 49. I also drink between 70-80 ounces of water a day.  I average between 15,000-18,000 steps a day. So, don’t worry about my breakfast because I think I’m doing alright.👍😀

Best Answer
Since you now gave me the whole picture I am amazed how disciplined you are. I don’t know
Of anyone who lives out such a healthy and controlled lifestyle. I was not trying to upset you.
Keep it up!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yogurt is out, lactose intolerance. I aim for reduced portions rather than staying away from foods. I eat a variety of organic meats, vegetables and fruits and balance the calories between three meals. No caffeine. No snacking between meals.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I start with a base of low sugar granola, add a

teaspoon of almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, hemp hearts, and flax. For a drink I throw a peeled grapefruit into the blender with some water, and Iam energised all morning! I keep all the ingredients in separate tubs so I can assemble a healthy breakfast in no time...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m not really a breakfast eater and typically don’t eat until around 10am. I will have an apple with peanut butter or avocado on whole grain toast. 

I hate oatmeal. Hate it!

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all!

My breakfast today. Diced Papaya with yogurt, chia seeds, puffed amaranto and some nuts. In between fruit snack and I am having lunch in about 30 minutes. I tend to mix it up a bit my other breakfast choice is a toast of bread with cottage cheese, black beans, avocado and two scrambled eggs. 

@MoniquehH, you must know that yogurt is by definition lactose free. However, there aer some brands that mix milk with yogurt and that is the reason some yogurts impact also lactose intolerant people. However, I am sure you can find a yogurt in the market, that does ont contain milk. Yo may give it a try some time. However, great food plan you got there. Kudos to you, keep it up. 

@BikeVancouver, thanks for sharing. I will definitely try this variant. Big fan of the grapefruit, but I usually peel it and eat it by hand. 

Thank you all for sharing. Keep the recipes coming. We all are looking for alternatives. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I eat fish and eggs when I eat after noon, usually around 2:30pm.  I never eat or drink earlier than that.  I eat only whole food, nothing processed and nothing in a bag or box. 

Best Answer

Hello @Skaerven, thank for sharing. That is a great tip, eating only whole food, nothing processed and nothing in a bag or box. I tried that for some time, since a friend of mine was doing the same; no label, no bag. I will pick up the habit again. Wish you all the best and I invite all other users to keep sharing tips and best practices. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer