Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your favorite healthy breakfast?

ANSWERED

We see members of our community posting healthy and delicious recipe ideas on this forum every day, and want to work on compiling some of them into an organized resource for everyone to enjoy! We're kicking things off with the first meal of most of our days: breakfast.

Everyone has their own go-to health eats, so we encourage you to share your own! To participate:

1. Reply in this thread with your favorite healthy breakfast. Try to include specifics like measurements and instructions, or reference the original site/author if it's not your own recipe.
  2. Vote on other posted recipes!

Once we have a good number of recipes, Fitbit's own in-house nutritionist will take a look at the top posts to give them a healthy stamp of approval. We'll then compile everything into a download, and you can get going with some new Community-approved breakfast recipes!

Can't wait to see what we come up with together!

Best Answer
102 REPLIES 102

@Skaerven wrote:

All your food should come from the refrigerator or freezer, not the pantry.

Weird claim. I’ll note that: 1) refrigerators/freezers are a relatively recent invention: they’ve only been around for a few decades, while modern homo sapiens has somehow been coping without them for thousands of years, 2) those parts of the world (= rich countries) that have the highest rate of equipment in such appliances also have the highest rate of obesity and obesity-related diseases. Healthy or unhealthy eating doesn’t depend on whether your food comes from the fridge or the pantry.

As to saturated fats, they may be your friend, but I’ll personally choose not to ignore the overwhelming scientific evidence that link them to cardiovascular diseases. I do eat butter and full-fat cheese, but in moderation. No way I’d be making them the center of my diet.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

did you put this all together?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see so many great recipes here! 

I usually have something very light for breakfast, just a simple oatmeal with some berries, and I usually add something with protein, like boiled eggs or a slice of bread with cottage cheese. 

And coffee is a MUST for me 😁

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @catoat1888 sorry to hear about some of your nutrition challenges - this sounds like a perfect question for our in-house Fitbit nutritionist Tracy! You can ask her your dietary questions here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Eat-Well/Nutrition-101-with-Tracy/m-p/4044888#M15333. I hope that's useful for you. Good luck! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have recently started on a non caffeinated diet and stick to mussli and a banana.  I also try and walk as much as I can to work.

Best Answer

@Skaervendo you buy your eggs at a farm or in a grocery store? If you buy them in a grocery store do they come out of the fridge?

Because somebody told me once that if you buy your eggs in a grocery store and they come out of the fridge, don't add them back in a fridge when you get home. The temperature changes are not good for the eggs.Don't know if that's true and i don't know what happens with the eggs exactly. Maybe you know 🙂

The idea of eating only fresh stuff is good!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dominique  Healthy and unhealthy is something you do yourself. Not every diet is for everybody and not every food is good for everybody. If you look at what you eat, you basically can eat everything.

But if you eat a fat juicy burger from a restaurant, you need to make sure that you have only healthy stuff the rest of the day. And exercise 😄

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, thanks so much for taking part in this project! We've compiled your top breakfast tips and recipes into this handy interactive infographic! This is a great community effort and we hope you enjoy. Please let us know if you try any out recipes by responding to this discussion, or adding new ones!

Special thanks to our forum contributors @emili @amanda010 @Odyssey13 @kawwana @SweetKumquat @carolynperson @BlancaT @Martin8873 @WendyB @NicoleS @Lacir @GraceFitbit @Julia_G  and contributors from the in-app Community feed, as well as of course our nutritionist @TracyFitbit

Best Answer

Thanks @LizFitbit  This is great!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
Muesli with berries!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Love it @LizFitbit ... it looks great

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, 

Coming late to the breakfast party 😉 but I love the Favorite Breakfast infographic!! 

How about adding some home made Almond Milk to your breakfast? 

RECIPE BELOW:

Almond Milk Recipe 1.png

Almond Milk Recipe 2.png

TheCoupleChallenge.com - The weekly couple fitness challenge that leads to togetherness fun!
Best Answer

Really helpful.
Thankew ❤️ 

Best Answer

Nice.
Really best suggestion.
But the happiness is " When you realize that you can also order the healthy breakfast from the cheapest breakfast restaurants in las vegas ❤️ " 😛 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That reminds me - I used to make yogurt.  I lived in Seoul, South Korea for a while and (at that time) dairy was kind of hard to come by - not very popular in a land where many are lactose intolerant.  So I made my own.  A typical apartment there has 'under-floor heating' (ondol) - the floor was always about 75F.  So I would put a jar of milk on the floor in the evening, drop in a spoonful of my last batch of yogurt (basically starter), and leave it there overnight.  In the morning: yogurt!  Worked surprisingly well for three years. 

Best Answer
My healthy breakfast items which I always eat in the morning:                               Eggs:  Eggs are undeniably healthy and delicious.        
Greek yogurt is creamy, delicious and nourishing.                        
Chia seeds are extremely nutritious and one of the best sources of fiber around. 
Best Answer

My favorite breakfast is 1/4 cup of Buckwheat + 1 cup water, microwave for 2 minutes.  Add almond milk and fruit or brown sugar as desired.

Best Answer

Eggs are a must for me, but I've recently tried some midnight oats with some Greek yogurt and almond milk. It was great, @BarthdeRosa😀

Thank you for sharing, @burning76! I'll definitely give it a try.  

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

This may not appeal to anyone not Southern but I made a healthy version of "Ambrosia."Usually loaded with sugar and fat, I slimmed it down: 1/2 cup of low-fat cottage cheese, 1 container of mandarin oranges in sugar-free liquid, and 1/4 packet of sugar-free orange jello. I've been mixing this up 2 cups of cottage cheese at a time, using the liquid to dissolve the gelatin. My fitbit app says this is 145 calories a serving, 15.2g carbs, 1.8g fat, 14.g protein. Usually i like savory breakfasts but this has been tasty and refreshing for me this hot summer.

Best Answer

Good morning!!! Gave me an idea of what I should eat right now 😄

Best Answer
0 Votes