Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your favorite healthy breakfast?

ANSWERED

We see members of our community posting healthy and delicious recipe ideas on this forum every day, and want to work on compiling some of them into an organized resource for everyone to enjoy! We're kicking things off with the first meal of most of our days: breakfast.

Everyone has their own go-to health eats, so we encourage you to share your own! To participate:

1. Reply in this thread with your favorite healthy breakfast. Try to include specifics like measurements and instructions, or reference the original site/author if it's not your own recipe.
  2. Vote on other posted recipes!

Once we have a good number of recipes, Fitbit's own in-house nutritionist will take a look at the top posts to give them a healthy stamp of approval. We'll then compile everything into a download, and you can get going with some new Community-approved breakfast recipes!

Can't wait to see what we come up with together!

Best Answer
102 REPLIES 102

1/2 cup steel cut oats, 1/2 cup oat milk, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 2 tbsp plain green yogurt. and leave those in a jar overnight then in the morning I will add 1 tbsp peanut butter and half a banana(or apples) so ridiculously good and so filling!

Best Answer

Here's another good thing to remember. All your food should come from the refrigerator or freezer, not the pantry. Most of that stuff is highly processed and you shouldn't be eating it.  I purged my house when I started this lifestyle almost 2 years ago. No sugar, grains or anything processed. I have never looked back and am the healthiest I have ever been. Oh and saturated fat is your friend and not your enemy 🙂

Best Answer
Great idea but I thought grains were good for you
Best Answer
That sounds good but it probably wouldn't last very long for me
Best Answer
0 Votes

Grain give you inflammation, an insulin spike and turn to pure sugar in your body, so no they are terrible for your health. All grains are terrible.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I put donuts in my yogurt sometimes yummy lol
Best Answer
I saw this program where you can make your own granola by toasting some
oats with part maple syrup and a part of olive oil and add nuts it, seems
like it woul be good on top of yogurt
Best Answer

You would be the right person to ask this question. Does steel cut oats get soft enough the following morning in almond milk?

I am eating the large oat flakes (none precooked).

Best Answer
0 Votes

You shouldn’t be eating oats, they turn to sugar in your body and spike your glucose. Sorry to say all grains and starches are poisonous to the human body. Eat some eggs and bacon with butter instead. Skip the bread, oats and juice if you want to be healthy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on a whole food plant-based diet. Nothing processed. I eat a big bowl of Organic Oven Toasted Old Fashioned Oats uncooked almost every day. I add fresh fruit (blueberries, strawberries, bananas, etc.) or with raisins and dates with Almond milk. I have been eating like this for over two years. I lost 20+ lbs. and am at a good target weight. I've heard on the website "oats turn to sugar in your body and spike your glucose" which is not true. Only processed foods and grains do that. Not unprocessed. I would suggest those who don't have any ideas about whole-food plant-based diet watch some documentaries. "Forks over Knives" and "The Game Changers" (both on Netflix) to name a few.

Best Answer

Bruh you’re wrong @Skaerven 

Best Answer
I completely agree. Whole grain and unprocessed oats are beneficial to the human body, they’re energy. Filling, which is useful to people who want to lose weight
Best Answer

Yeah and you probably slather up your eggs with butter too. I’d rather have oats than fatty butter to make a breakfast beneficial. You wanna talk unnecessary fats ? Pork bacon! If you’re gonna eat bacon maybe try turkey bacon, get some variety in life

Best Answer

Two eggs beaten with  two table spoons of milk (water)  Heat to med; Add pre ground spinach, kale, mushrooms, diced onion ( or any other veggie you choose to add to the eggs).turn over and over with spatula; add some ground up cheese, garlic salt, teaspoon of olive oil, pepper. When you have a delicious  nutritious mess egg dish enjoy. I make myself this dish every morning before I head to. the gym at 5:00 am 

Best Answer

Hi folks, I hope you don't mind me joining in. I'm a newbie to all things fitbit and exercise and trying to get fitter and healthier, feel like I'm feeling miserably 😞

I'm struggling with food - I don't eat enough! Yesterday I took in 693 calories, but burned 3,785 cals. I go like this days. First to admit I'm a fussy eater, although I'm trying hard to intro new foods (recently I've started eating watermelon, bananas and blueberries; never eaten this stuff in my life, so its a big thing for me). I tend to eat when hungry, not cos I should be eating.

Last night I did a kettlebells for beginners class and followed it with boxfit (been going to boxfit for a few months now, kettlebells is new for me....abso done in today, lol!)

I have an issue with eating hot food at breakfast, so porridge could never happen. Boxfit trainer is telling me to eat porridge with seeds and fruit to pack some calories in - would overnight oats, greek or natural yoghurt and some berries with chia seeds be a good starting point for me??

Sorry for the long post, but I'm actually starting to worry about my food intake being so low. Have a fair amount of weight to lose, but feel like I'm not going to achieve anything if I can't get my head sorted with food ☹️

Best Answer
0 Votes

i should've added i have an egg allergy. also have a problem with bulging discs in my spine, which i attend physio for and he is happy that i continue with boxfit and introduce new exercise as i feel appropriate (as long as i don't overdo it or push too hard). boxfit trainer is also telling me my lack of calorie intake will delay my recovery as i'm not eating enough to promote healing.

its a minefield and i feel absolutely lost with it all! 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! That’s awesome that you’re trying new foods. 

But yes yes i think it would help you immensely to make overnight oats especially if you don’t like hot foods. You’re welcome to use my recipe i listed up above (1/2 cup oats,(170 cal)  1/2 cup oat milk (you could do whole milk (74.5 cal)for some extra calories) 1 tbsp chia seeds (139 calories) plain Greek yogurt (61 cal) 1 tbsp peanut butter (94 cal per tbsp). And add blueberries or granola or whatever’s else you feel like! 

you simply put these in a jar (mason jar is best for on the go) and mix it up and leave it in the fridge overnight and put whatever toppings on it you’d like. If i do this i can usually do 350-450 calories. A great start to breakfast. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Add some chocolate chips for bonus calories too, I’m on a diet so i stay away from that. But dark chocolate never hurt anybody! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does it have to be Greek yoghurt or can i use natural? Choc chips are out of bounds as i'm diabetic (which is a whole different ball game when it comes to food and cereals cos of all their hidden sugars and bad carbs) 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
you can do whatever yogurt you want. I like the taste of Greek, it tends to have a lot more protein than most yogurts.
Best Answer