Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your ideas for quick snacks on the road/trail

Hi everyone! Hoping you are all doing great. 

We all know that food is our fuel. And to be fit we all need to have a balanced diet.

On the modern word where we are on the move a lot, sometimes we don't get to have a full meal. 

E.g. during activities, commute, etc. 

For those instances we are likely to have a snack. 

I love hiking and if possible I take a 1 day hike. For those occasions we all know the energy bar, granola bar, or similar. I've found that sometimes they are too sugary for my taste. And making my own, as much as I love dyi projects, it's a bit much effort. 

I decided to take a mixed nuts, chocolate, dehydrated fruits and sometimes beef jerky with me. I try to avoid veggies for the weight/energy relationship

snacks 2.jpg

I'd like to hear from you what would you suggest, or if you have any ideas for snacks to take on the trail or on the road, during traffic jam, or commute.

Or just to have on the backpack for any occasion. 

See you around

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

It seems to me that the ideal option is dried fruits, nuts and banana chips!

Best Answer

For me the easiest thing to carry around when hiking or during traffic is any type of nuts or seeds and dried fruits. There are some granola bars that don't contain to much sugar, those a great too! 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

I like the 100 calorie packs of nuts, light to pack, don't easily get broken, and don't need refrigeration.  Easy to track calories.   I used to like granola bars when they first came out, but the last thing I want in a granola bar is chocolate or caramel.   Plain and crunchy is my favorite snack,  100 cal packs of pretzels are good too. 

Best Answer

I think you have covered it.  I like the trek mix or almond packs from Trader Joe's and I always have some beef jerky in my bag.  I will be adding dried plantains going forward.

Best Answer

Hi guys! Thank you for your posts. 

@BASILCHIVES , you made a good point about the non refrigeration option. 

I noticed in the yesterday, that chocolate is not such a good idea. If you take it, please make sure to pack it on a zip lock bag or contained somehow separately. 

I didn't consider chocolate in summer. Was a big mess. 

But I'd give a try to some of your suggestions and let you know here how it goes. 

Please keep sharing your good ideas and/or feedback .

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer