Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i've changed some habits

ANSWERED

it's been almost 20 years since i was in somewhat decent shape.  it's time to change a few things.  i've stopped what i call convenience eating, hand held food.  i am a chef and my day is 110 miles of commute and my kitchens are 10 miles apart when i get there i find myself eating what i can hold in my hand and eat while i'm walking.  i'd also convenience eat at home at night because the last thing i wanted to do was cook.  order a pizza, a chunk of cheddar and 40+ triscuits, half a jar of peanuts.  not good.  the good part is we only cook from scratch at work.  no cans.  nothing frozen.  i've switched to all non-gmo and or organic everything down to spices.  my hand held walking food now is something like sliced fresh turkey breast with baby arugula rolled up in it and grapes or something similar.  we get awesome bread delivered every day but i avoid it.  at home i'll grill off a couple of chicken breasts or lean pork chops and saute some costco super power greens with mushroom to go with one.  i chop up the others to go into salads the next couple of days.  i either use olive oil and vinegar or organic full fat ranch.  i won't eat the fillers in the lf or non fat dressings.  if i'm not too lazy i'll have some farro or quinoa or short brown rice cooked off to add to the salad.  i found that i've migrated to a sort of intermittent fasting way of eating as well.  don't forget the coffee in the morning - half and half with turbinado!  that's my treat at 3:15 when i get up.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

When you prepare everything you eat instead of order in or go for produced foods, not only will you eat way more healthy, but also be way more aware of what you are eating. It always pains me to hear when chefs themselves eat less well. Why share all your love with all the people via food and not give it to yourself? Happy to hear you started to do just that!

Karolien | The Netherlands

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

When you prepare everything you eat instead of order in or go for produced foods, not only will you eat way more healthy, but also be way more aware of what you are eating. It always pains me to hear when chefs themselves eat less well. Why share all your love with all the people via food and not give it to yourself? Happy to hear you started to do just that!

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer
0 Votes