Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 battery drains quickly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My inspire 2 battery started to drain really quickly, in just 5-6 hours... I can't uae it anymore. I bought it a year and a half ago, does it get ruined so quickly? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Hadar.ja.

Thank you for informing us about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Inspire 2.

I noticed that you've been in touch with Customer Support. I'm pretty sure they will do their best to provide a high level of support. Thank you for your patience while dealing with this situation.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you charge your device?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Of course I did... Obviously,
I'm charging it twice a day now and it isn't enough
Best Answer
Well, they told me they will reach me by e-mail, but two days have passes
and nothing happend..
Best Answer

Thanks for your response, @Hadar.ja.

Our records indicate that Customer Support replied back to you yesterday. For more information, please check your inbox.

Thank you for your comment, @Emdabcat7.

Have a nice day. 

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer

How can I get help, I have the same problem that the battery discharges quickly ?

Best Answer

Yes this just started happening to me this week. Mine isn't even a year old. I charged it fully to 100% on Monday and by Wednesday evening it was at 36%. Charged it full last night... it's been only 14 hours since it's been off the charger and battery is at 83%. Unacceptable 

Best Answer

I reached out to support and they did nothing to help. There are many posts on this topic in the Inspire 2 community, and nothing at all from the folks at Fitbit to help resolve. It all started for many of us around the end of May, 2022.

I ended up buying a new Charge 5 because it was on sale at Costco and I had a Cash Card. I'm ok with the new device, but I will say i liked my Inspire 2 better.

Good luck to all who encounter this problem. I don't believe it's wear and tear on the device.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @pipe16.

I noticed that you've been in touch with Customer Support. They'll let you know how to proceed as soon as possible.

Thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community, @MissRyoko.

For instructions on how to extend your Fitbit devices battery life, please visit this article.

If you followed our recommendations without luck, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Please click here to get connected.

@Nacho628 Our team is constantly working to improve our products and services. Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Have a nice day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Inspire 2 is just over a year and a half old as well, and worked perfectly up until July 3rd.  It has held a battery charge for a minimum of two weeks consistently every time.  On July 3rd, it drained quickly out of nowhere and died.  The green light on the back also quit on that day and it no longer tracks heart rate and target zones.  It now holds a battery charge for only about 7 hours now.  It is extremely frustrating!  

Best Answer

I also forgot to mention that the live chat support link doesn't work, either.  I have tried for two days now to use it.  I'm hoping to find time to call support tomorrow.  They were awesome the last time I needed help and replaced a defective unit, but I was without my tracker for a full month through the process.  I really don't want to go through that again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

What are the chances of getting a replacement unit? My unit is not even 2 years old and as of last week I am having to charge every day now. I just wander if it is worth contacting customer service or if they will just link to the suggestions of how to improve battery life. I do not want to waste time just to be told to do all the steps I have already done.

Best Answer

I agree with everything you said. I also fully believe this is a result of the current update. My Fitbit was completely fine and then after the app updated on July 1st, my battery is draining quickly. My best friend also has an Inspire and hers just started doing this yesterday too. So this is clearly an issue with the update that is affecting these devices and when she reached out to support, they dismissed her immediately, told her to clean the charging prongs on her device and then ended the chat session.

Fitbit you need to fix this battery drain issue.

Best Answer

MissRyoko, I am hoping it is an update issue. I was at the beach last week and started to worry my Inspire 2 was messing up from ocean water or sun screen. I cleaned the prongs and washed the sensors a few times, did a reset, restart, etc. Nothing worked. That is why I hesitate to reach out to customer service as they will just tell me to do that again. I will continue to recharge daily until they do an update or I get tired and get something else. 

Best Answer

Yes! Exactly this!

All of the things they are going to tell me to do are irrelevant. I have never had notifications on, so shutting them off will make no difference. I have never touched the screen dimming option ever, so it's unlikely that would suddenly be the cause for a battery drain. It gets cleaned off regularly so it's not that the back needs cleaning off. Nothing has changed in my habits that would suddenly cause any of the things they are going to tell me to do to "fix" the issue.

I really wish they'd just own up and fix it rather than have people jump through hoops. My best friend heard back from them today and they won't replace hers because it's out of warranty. So I really hope they fix this issue. I'll contact support just so they know multiple people are experiencing this problem .

Best Answer
They helped me out when I had issues. The entire watchface had quit
working, though, and it was only about 4 months old.

This time I'm not sure. I need to stop waiting and call. I'm just leery
that I'll have to send the tracker off again and go without it for a while.
I'm so used to wearing it and using it throughout the day.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Inspire 2 it was working well until this week. Suddenly, the green light is permanently flash and the battery drains in a couple of hours. I did reset, erase and try another things like that, but nothing works. At the forum there is no an answer and the moderators only suggets to read some things about battery life and tips, but nothing about the mistery about the thing that drains battery

Best Answer

Hi there,

Im not sure if this is the way to go but we have exactly the same problem. I couldn't find a solution is this tread. Is there one? 

Best Answer

MoniqueBI - For me, it got to the point where it died completely and wouldn't charge any longer. It was less than a year old so they replaced it for free. Contact customer support. If it's still in warranty you can get a replacement otherwise they might give you a discount to get a new one.

But they should just make their expensive equipment last longer than 9 months *shrugs*

Best Answer