Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sleep Graphics Data Unreadable

ANSWERED

The new graphics to illustrate sleep data displays in a bar graph that is unreadable and hard to decipher. The previous version had a solid background with easy to view bar graphs and comparative data. The new version is unacceptable. We would like to return to the previous display. Is there a way to do so?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

My sister uses premium and her display is the same as the non premium display. So unfortunately it doesn't matter whether you're a premium user or not the graphics are the same.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
163 REPLIES 163

Agree! Please put the previous graphics back or allow the user to select. The sleep feature is the reason I use Fitbit over other products, but now the new graphics make it difficult to see and read. On the heart rate, there are two colors of purple for the above/below that are almost identical. Please please please put the old graphics back!!! Why change perfection?!!!

Best Answer

I also agree with other posters, although their politeness do not reflect the extreme irritation I am once again feeling about the destruction Google is wreaking on the Fitbit app. I'm all for continuous improvement but why do you (Google) keep destroying great functionality and UX to replace it with garbage graphics and less friendly features. Focus on unrealized value and new features, not wrecking great features. This is yet another failure like the ruinous changes to adding activities and the display of mud coloured heart rates. Is life so miserable at Google that you must inflict your ugly depressing colour schemes and This on the world? Has all the colour left your lives? Or is this about cratering the Fitbit brand thinking people will switch to Google watch?

Best Answer

I agree completely.  I liked using the previous Benchmark Graphic.  It was very easy to read.  I’m not entirely sure what I’m looking at with the new Benchmark graphic.  I recently came back to Fitbit, to give it another try after a disappointing experience with the New Customer Service (ie liked it better before Google took over).  This is making me feel like I may have made a mistake.

Best Answer

This! I guess it must be a ploy to get us to pay for premium? All it dues for me is make me want to stop using my Fitbit. The sleep reading was the #1 thing I liked it for! 

Best Answer
If you go to the sleep stages and see the benchmark icon , if you click on it you get the old screen that shows hours of rem, deep, And light sleep..

Paul
Best Answer
My sister uses premium and her display is just like ours.
Best Answer

My sister uses premium and her display is the same as the non premium display. So unfortunately it doesn't matter whether you're a premium user or not the graphics are the same.

Best Answer

Thank you Paul but that isn't entirely true. Those are Benchmark graphs not the actual sleep stages you had from the night before. The whole display is confusing and not user friendly.

Best Answer

Agree that the new sleep tracking display is very poorly designed.  The benchmark tab is not clear at all.  The old design was simple and very clear.  I do not see why anyone would think this new display was an improvement.  Why does Google keep messing with the Fitbit app?!

Best Answer

Thank you Paul but that isn't entirely true. Those Benchmark graphs are not the actual sleep stages you had from the night before. The whole display is confusing and not user friendly.

Best Answer

I agree!  I hate this new version.  The older one is so much better.  Had I known it was going to change, I wouldn't of bought this Fit Bit in January.  

Best Answer

Agree!!!! The sleep graphic display now is totally user unfriendly!! I could tell my sleep pattern at various  stages before and now it’s difficult to decipher.  Very disappointed they have changed it and I hope this thread encourages a retraction back to the prior graphic.  I checked this every morning.  It was my most used function on Fitbit.  😔

Best Answer

I 100% agree! I woke up this morning to look at my sleep and was totally confused by this new look. Not user-friendly at all, I hate it, They need to return to the old version.

Best Answer

I can't agree more about the terrible graphics on the sleep display. Google, make it go away!!! It was just perfect as it was. All those dotted lines; who thought this was a good idea? NOT.

Best Answer

So agreed!

All these changes have not been for the better. I will consider going to Apple Watch next time:(

Best Answer

I'm glad I'm not the only one.  It's absolutely horrible.  please go back to the old way.  it was fine the way it was.  this is a mess.  very small text, not all the data is there.   

Best Answer

AWFUL!!! Last version was soooo much better! What we're they thinking. Bring back the okd or ket us choose 

Best Answer

The new display graph for sleep is a Disaster. So many busy lines, poor colour choices, yikes!  Return to the previous graph and you really didn’t need the “new and improved “ look.  The old graph was perfect. The new is confusing and difficult to interpret. 

Best Answer

I’ve got premium and mine looks weird too. It’s impossible to read. 

Best Answer