Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sleep Graphics Data Unreadable

The new graphics to illustrate sleep data displays in a bar graph that is unreadable and hard to decipher. The previous version had a solid background with easy to view bar graphs and comparative data. The new version is unacceptable. We would like to return to the previous display. Is there a way to do so?

Best Answer
173 REPLIES 173

I logged into fitbit.com on my laptop and went to sleep data. I searched the data for sleep and the graphic came up in the old style, exactly what we used to see.  So it's still there, but only on my computer. It was a little hard to find but it's there. That means they could restore it to the fitbit app on our phones if they wanted to. I hate the new graphic on my phone and can't see it or read it.

Best Answer
Everyone hates itFitbit doesn’t care

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer

Well, darn.  It only lasted 3 days before going back to the garbage new display on my phone.  I didn't approve any upgrades or reboot so beats me why it happened.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. I go through seasons of wearing it to bed and hadn’t worn it to bed in 2 weeks until the past 2 nights. When I went on this morning to check my data, I couldn’t believe my eyes. Actually, that’s not true. My eyes couldn’t read the data and thought the view was horrible, and I absolutely believed them!! I just can’t fathom how anyone would design this unreadable view, or worse, how it was actually approved and implemented. I guess they don’t use a test audience?

Best Answer
Thanks for letting me know!  I will search for the data on the website!  
Denise N
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree! I appreciate you sharing! I'm still waiting for a response team
findings on how to resolve this but I guess we already can see the
handwriting on the wall! Good luck....
Best Answer

This update is so visually confusing it makes me want to scream... or ditch Fitbit after seven years of faithful use. The colours are almost indistinguishable from each other, the text that labels the different parts of the graph has no clear object, and if I look at it too long (which I have to, if I want to decipher it), my eyes literally hurt. If a fix isn't forthcoming I'm definitely jumping ship. Just another important note: people with learning disabilities or other disabilities use this app too. Updates like this make it FAR less accessible. I'm surprised that such a large company doesn't have a better UX team. 

Best Answer

I agree the graphics are sub-standard and really use unfriendly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, they need a few lessons in graphic design!

Best Answer
0 Votes
It makes it hard to imagine they did any user testing! Who would look at
this and think it's an improvement?
Best Answer
0 Votes

So, sadly, after 9 years of being a Fitbit user I've given up and bought a Garmin. I'm loving it and the graphics are really clear.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is probably my next step. I can't see Fitbit responding to these
complaints or changing. And I don't want to scream every time I try to look
at my sleep stats. I think they've lost me for good. (Now if only I could
migrate 7 years of data to the new app, whatever it may be).
Best Answer

It's so disappointing 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m a premium user…and I agree that these changes to the sleep reports are not for the better.  I was so excited when I set up my new iPhone a couple days ago. The sleep graphics reports were back to the previous version, but today they are the new hard to read, hard to use graphics.  If they don’t bring back the user friendly, colorful, easy to read reports, I do not plan to renew premium.

Best Answer

I do this kind of work, and I would not have advocated making this change…unless some exec forced me to in order to keep my job!!!  Hopefully, they will listen to us and go back to the prior version, or give us a choice.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

The answer was not an answer.  It was someone trying to help.  But it did not address the issue in this forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
What a novel idea! A choice...how easy that would have been!! And a
response from this to everyone who has taken the time to write to me...
thanks for the response
Best Answer
0 Votes

100%! Sleep tracking is the very reason I chose Fitbit over Apple Watch! I need a linear graph with depth in different colors...why destroy a perfectly good graph with a horrendous one? I can't stand it, I want them to bring the old version back...or I'll just switch back to AW.

Best Answer

Nope, I have premium and it is the same, horrible chart. Google doesn’t care about Fitbit. 

IMG_3406.png

Best Answer

TOTALLY AGREE!  The new sleep data display is pure crap!!! Put it back the way it was!

Best Answer
0 Votes