Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sleep Graphics Data Unreadable

ANSWERED

The new graphics to illustrate sleep data displays in a bar graph that is unreadable and hard to decipher. The previous version had a solid background with easy to view bar graphs and comparative data. The new version is unacceptable. We would like to return to the previous display. Is there a way to do so?

Best Answer
163 REPLIES 163
I have no benchmark data either and support has not been able to figure it
out.
Best Answer

I think that the missing Benchmark data range indicators on the bar chart is simply a bug in the app software.  The data label is there, but the range data is not.

It should be fairly simple for Fitbit/Google to fix that issue with an app update, if they choose to do so.

Best Answer
Exactly!!
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. Cannot understand the reason behind the redesign or understate my hatred of it. Ridiculous. 

Best Answer

My other half and I have both been moaning about this. Who would think that design was even acceptable, let alone an improvement?

Best Answer

Totally agree! Hate the new sleep graphics,  they make no sense. I think I will look for another health tracker that is not a Fitbit.

Best Answer

Just got my Garmin instinct 2s on Monday. Although I’m still figuring out everything the device does, I’m happy with my purchase. The price point is higher than Fitbit, but so is the quality. We have older garmin devices and I should have stuck with the company and just updated my tracker. Of note, the Garmins we have are over a decade old and still function as well as they ever did. Technology has just gotten better. Since I’ve had to replace my Fitbit every 1.5-2 years due to the screen dying, the price increase for Garmin is worth it.

The app is amazing and fully customizable. Check it out online and you’ll see what I mean. 

Best Answer

What features does it have?

Best Answer

Agree totally, stupid change to the sleep graphics.

Please, Fitbit/Google,  admit you screwed up and change back to the old app graphic. 

Best Answer

Benchmark does not show "typical range of people like you" as it used to-no brackets, no areas highlighted.

Best Answer

A moderator indicated that Google is reportedly aware of this issue, but there is no timeline for fixing the problem and releasing an updated app version.  

This seems like it should be a very simple problem to fix, so it must be very low on their priority list to work on it.

Best Answer
Thank you for your sensible reply to my rude comment. The reason my husband
and I value the watch/App connection is for the daily feedback. The App is
often poor at connecting and recording sleep and some exercises, therefore
it ceases to be the aid it is intended to be.

Almay
Best Answer
0 Votes

Perhaps that is the problem- Google became involved!

Best Answer

Don’t hold your breath on a change, we went through this when they changed the nice, colorful, user friendly Home Screen to this nonsense that it is now, no change was made. It’s truly sad they couldn’t care less about the users.

Best Answer

Yes, I particularly liked the breakdown into individual sleep stages. I looked at the how to page, and it said to go to sleep stages, then press and hold on the screen. Doesn’t work. I managed it once by accident, but goodness knows how …..

Best Answer

I am really bummed about the new update. I will go with another brand when I replace my fitness watch.

Best Answer

It is not the same on my iphone charge 6 version of the benchmark.  I can't tell what the recommended sleep percentages are anymore (yes I see my sleep percentages and how the compare with the shaded bar range but no range recommendation). I only see a shaded bar that depicts percent range.  Whatever the case, whoever approved this update missed the mark on aesthetics.  This update is ugly and hard to use.  Sad but I see this over and over on tech apps.  Then the developer will justify the update and not listen to the users feedback.  They pass off the feedback because they have been taught that people don't like change - so your comments are a waste of time.  They won't listen only argue with you.  Apple is the same way and almost worse.  Give up - they won't listen.

Best Answer
Yes- this is Google intervention, but frankly the Fitbit founders don’t care either - they got their payday when Google paid 2.1 billion to buy Fitbit.

Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse typos.
Best Answer
i agree, but sometimes it helps to vent ;0
I can get some of the old information back if i look at the data for the
last week, but not, for some reason, on a daily basis
Best Answer

Agreed! Besides the much more attractive colors, the sparkline list below that showed sleep history at a glance was super helpful - a much better way of spotting important points in my sleep trends. Please bring those important features back! 

Best Answer