Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sleep Graphics Data Unreadable

ANSWERED

The new graphics to illustrate sleep data displays in a bar graph that is unreadable and hard to decipher. The previous version had a solid background with easy to view bar graphs and comparative data. The new version is unacceptable. We would like to return to the previous display. Is there a way to do so?

Best Answer
163 REPLIES 163

How about no Fitbit app an Apple Watch?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed 100%! Bring back the old sleep data format. This update is truly terrible and unreadable.

Best Answer

I agree.  It is impossible to read.  The “colors” are indistinguishable.  When I am forced to migrate to a Google account I will buy an Apple Watch.  Google has ruined this and they don’t care.  In spite of their privacy statement I they are not to be trusted.  They have lied before about what they do with data.  

Best Answer

agree this is absolutely awful. Where are the percentages of amount slept in each stage of sleep Numbers alone mean I have to do the math. It's hard to see the results in a line graph why it was simple to see in a bar graph.

I'm paying for the premium sleep apps and I don't get them. In addition if I fall asleep before 12, wake up for an hour and go back to sleep it is listed as an app on the day before. I used to be able to delete what isn't a nap, but is interrupted sleep. Then headed to sleep on that day and combine the two. And get my real amount to sleep and by evening it would have processed all the awake asleep and interrupted sleep together. Now I cannot delete the naps and it makes it really hard to figure out how many hours of sleep I got. In addition I agree with everyone else that it's ugly and hard to figure things out. Why did you do this to us?

I am aware thatonce you make edits you could put functions back as you've done that before when you took away the battery and the upper left. So please don't tell us we're stuck with this and at least make minor changes that will keep us as customers and make the app more useful. 

could you please make it possible to delete the nap so we could edit to real sleep functions together. And please also include the percentages as well as the amount of sleep as you did before.

I recognize we're stuck with this disgustingly ugly ugly graph that I hate but at least put back the functions we are paying for this data especially the folks like me who paid for premium and will discontinue this service as soon as I can if I'm not getting what I paid for.

Best Answer

I wish. I have premium and it looks this ugly and I'm furious that I'm paying and I'm no longer getting the data I'm paying for. 

RReally frustrated with interrupted sleep being put down as a nap the day before and no longer able to edit it so I cannot get my night's sleep together.

Best Answer

Agreed! This was by far the worst app update in 4 years. The sleep info is now unreadable no longer useful. Fitbit is now removing the barriers for me to move to the Oura ring. 

Best Answer

Hate the new graphic!! If it’s not changed back to something readable… I’m just done with Fitbit! Have had a Fitbit more than ten years but this is enuf to have me switch to something else!

Best Answer

This isn't helpful at all. My post is about the horrible graph now being used to track sleep.

Best Answer

I agree!!  What a mess!!

Best Answer

Hear hear! New graphics are rubbish, let's have the old ones back

Best Answer

Agreed. The new sleep graphics are horrendous. Please return to the previous graphics

Best Answer

Unfortunately they don’t. They haven’t changed ANYTHING back after changing it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not stuck. Demand a refund and move on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed. It’s as if Google is intentionally destroying Fitbit - I thought they were trying to push people to buy Premium with these changes but apparently the user interface is the same. 

If they don’t change the graphics back and soon, I’m moving on to another brand. That’s after a decade of loyalty - I’ll give up the small form factor I like just to get better UX.  With these graph changes and loss of functionality Fitbit is useless to me. 

Best Answer

I agree with you 100%.  As a person with amd it is very hard to distinguish between the sleep stages the old one was much clearer.

Best Answer

Totally agree, the sleep function was the one thing that's kept me loyal to Fitbit all these years. Other brands just couldn't match it.

But now Fitbit has decided to make their version as poor and user-unfriendly as competitors! Why???

Please, please bring back the old display, or at least let us have a choice.

Best Answer

Same! I specifically use Fitbit to track my sleep, and this new bar graph is truly awful. What were they thinking?!? I want to know who saw this hot mess of a graph and said “This right here! This is what the people want!” Smack that person in the back of the head, and then change it back!

Best Answer

Just make sure you don’t get a Google watch either. Someone suggested they may be doing all of these awful, unnecessary changes to drive people to buy their Google watches instead. Very sneaky!

Best Answer

Only my minutes of sleep, by sleep stage. No benchmarks🤬

Best Answer

I agree with you 100 percent! Google has made a mess of Fitbit! The old sleep graph was fine now it's crap. My Fitbit doesn't even track my sleep half the time and I don't receive a sleep score . It was never a problem until Google came along.

Best Answer