Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar Notifications Won’t Go Away

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Our family all received Fitbits for Christmas.  My husband has a Versa and I have the Inspire HR.  We both have notifications turned on and share the same calendar on our phones.  When we have an All Day calendar event come up, my notification continues to alert my Fitbit all day long.  How can I get this to alert me one time and then go away.  So far the only resolution I have found is to go into my calendar event and turn off the alert all together.  Not ideal.  I have tried scrolling down on the Fitbit notifications and hitting close,...I have just clicked the side button,...I have just tried to ignore. I can’t figure out what I am doing wrong.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hey @MommaMurphy welcome to the Community Forums. Sorry to hear about the issues with your Fitbit notifications when using the calendar. 

Thank you for sharing those steps. Both of you have done a terrific job troubleshooting your Fitbit devices. First, force quit the Fitbit app, then reopen it to sync your Fitbit device. I'd also suggest to check these steps: 

1. Reset Bluetooth

1. On your phone, tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone.
  3. Wait 10 seconds, then turn it back on.
  4. Open the Fitbit app to sync your Fitbit device.

2. Reset system notifications (iPhones and iPads)

2. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  3. Turn Share System Notifications off and then back on. If you don't see the Share System Notifications option:
    1. Restart your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
    2. Tap Allow when you receive a message on your iPhone or iPad asking if you want your Fitbit device to show notifications.
    3. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device
    4. Turn on Share System Notifications.

3. Restart your Fitbit device

1. Restart your device. For instructions, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  2. Open the Fitbit app to sync your Fitbit device.

4. Refresh notifications

1. In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab 

> your profile picture > Notifications.
  2. Turn off all notifications.
  3. Restart your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and turn notifications back on, then sync your Fitbit device.

5. Set up notifications again

1. Tell your phone to "forget" the bluetooth connection to your Fitbit device:
    2. Tap the information icon 

or gear icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device.
    3. Find the option to forget the device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and set up notifications again, then sync your Fitbit device.

If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the suggestions.  Unfortunately, after trying all of them,...I still have the same issue.  I can’t permanently dismiss the notification on my Fitbit, unless I go into the calendar event itself and turn off the alert.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue with my Inspire HR. I've tried all the troubleshooting tips to no avail as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just try to change your clock face. They will reset things for ya.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this exact same problem on my inspire HR. Only for all day events and it won’t go away for hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes