Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set Fitbit sleep sensitivity?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How to set Fitbit inspire sensitivity for sleep? Want more detail on sleep patterns

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @RickMaglich. I'll be glad to assist you with your sleep sensitivity inquiry.

Your device's setting can record your sleep in either "sensitive" mode for extremely detailed sleep reporting or "normal" mode for a more basic idea of your sleep patterns. Note that if you use a Fitbit device with heart-rate tracking to detect your sleep stages, this setting doesn't apply.

• The normal setting counts significant movements as being awake (such as rolling over) and is appropriate for most users.
  • The sensitive setting will cause your device to record nearly all movements as time spent restless or awake. This setting may be helpful for users who wake up feeling tired even though their sleep history shows sufficient rest.

If you use the Fitbit app for Android you must change your sleep sensitivity setting on https://www.fitbit.com/

You can check help article How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?

Please let me know if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer

I accidentally turned on my sleep sensitivity. I don't like it and want to return it to the normal setting but can't find out how to do this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, I don't understand how the link you refer to if you have an Android answers the original question.   I've been to the site you refer Android users to, and there is nothing regarding where the sleep sensitivity is set?  What am I missing? 

Best Answer

Hello @HK2029 and welcome to the Help forums.  That page is your web dashboard.  Tap on the Gear in the upper right, then on Settings in the drop down.  You will find the sleep sensitivity near the bottom of the Advanced Settings.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!

- hk

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AndreaFitbit wrote:

If you use the Fitbit app for Android you must change your sleep sensitivity setting on https://www.fitbit.com/

It flummoxes me why there are these odd differences between the iOS and Android apps (with no apparent goal to make them the same)?! On the iOS app you access "Sleep Sensitivity" within Sleep > Settings (last option). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

On Fitbit.com it's very well hidden.

I finally found it, and it's normal, yet Fitbit in the last several days mostly shows me getting very little sleep, including large gaps in sleep when I really was sleeping.  My only guess is that it may be hyper sensitive even in the normal setting.  This has happened to me before; eventually Fitbit 'allowed me' to upgrade from Versa to Sense with a bit of money off MSRP.  But from what I can tell this is more a software issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes