Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ANDROID] Syncing Problem After the latest update - Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic has been working fine, no problems. But when the new update dropped. I tried updating my ionic. At 1st my phone said it found my ionic but couldn't carry out the update, during the same time I noticed that my ionic has that "loading" screen, that it does while updating. Now my phone still says that it is connected but cant update, while my ionic is fully updated to the current version, (i know this as the layout is now the new one).

I didn't realised yet, but my ionic has already stopped sync-ing. I realised this few days ago and tried troubleshooting it, but still nothing. Today I, deleted the ionic from my account, deleted the app from my phone, factory data reset the ionic, as well. 

And I re did the setup for the ionic, and connected it back to my phone. This time it connected to my phone and again updated to the current software. I thought this was the end of it. But as the hours went on, It came to my attention that my ionic again stopped syncing yet again. I cant be asked to re delete and do it all again, just for a single sync. 

I have seen this. https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/RESOLVED-Ionic-Syncing-Issues/td-p/2218143

What do I do ?

Ionic

Version - 27.32.4.19

Model FB503

Android App

• all day sync is on
  • always connected is on
  • keep alive is on
Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

@MandeepPannu, when you say "my ionic again stopped syncing", do you mean it is not automatically syncing, or do you mean that you cannot manually sync it?

Best Answer

I have exactly the same problem. No automatic sync and no manual one.

Best Answer

Hi, there's no auto, neither manuals one is possible, the only way I can sync is by re connecting the device again to my android (ie: removing the ionic and reconnecting it)

This problem has only started after the new os. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@USAF-Larrywrote:

@MandeepPannu, when you say "my ionic again stopped syncing", do you mean it is not automatically syncing, or do you mean that you cannot manually sync it?

Also just to add, i get my notifications of my calls, and messages on the ionic system, so this shows that my phone is in contact with the device but just downstairs sync what so ever

Also don't think I stated this above but I am using a s8+

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MandeepPannu@D8veh and @USAF-Larry.

Thanks for bringing this up and for mentioning what troubleshooting seems to work.

I do have a question on the matter @MandeepPannu. When you say that you have to remove the tracker and then set it up again, does it sync once and then no more or does it continue to sync for some time after yo try that?

In the meantime, perhaps you could try resetting the whole connection, not only removing it from your account. This could help the tracker begin to sync again.

Let me know if there are any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

sup dude, it syncs once at the start of when it reconnects to my phone then doesnt sync again. Also i have tried resetting the entire connection twice. I have called fitbit and they hav heard of this problem just few days ago but on an iphone. What i dont get is that how can i get notifications on my fitbit but it cant sync other data

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @MandeepPannu.

Thanks for reaching back and answering my question. 

If you have already gotten in touch with our support team, I'd recommend that you continue speaking directly with them as they have much better tools to help you get this resolved.

Please do keep me updated on how it goes with them or let me know if you have any questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

So there is no solution for this problem? Is annoying to have a new ionic and the device is simply not syncing or syncing just from time to time. Nor manual or automatic syncing works. I've been with the ionic less than a week and have had a lot of troubles. 

Best Answer

I have the exact same problem since the update and if I do get it to sync my fitbit first shuts down and reboot completely but none of my notifications work although they are all one.  it is really annoying.  never had problems until the past 2 weeks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Further to my previous post, my Ionic is syncing OK now. One thing that might have helped it was that I deleted my old Charge 2 from my account. It seems to be quite reliable now, so there's hope for you guys yet.

Best Answer

Thanks!! I disabled the 'all day sync ' option for my surge and now the ionic is working perfectly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here.  I have an Android Galaxy 8 and I too have had difficulty syncing.  I tried syncing from my desktop which worked initially(one week ago) but now it too will not sync even with my desktop.  Have tried all of the recommendations w/o much help.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone!

Thanks for sharing your experiences on the matter.

I'd recommend that you all try to restart your phones and then try to sync your Fitbit once again. That has proven helpful to some other users.

If the restarting of the phone doesn't do the trick, I'd recommend that you try to follow the standard troubleshooting process.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer