Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Minutes Showing Less than Total Activity Minutes

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve been running this morning for 44 minutes. My Ionic showed 44 minutes activity. After synchronizing, I’ve been active for 15 minutes!! How is this possible? What makes this change And why? Can anyone help me? This isn’t the first time sadly. 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Kaat2 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with the data synced to the Fitbit app while using Ionic.

Do you mean the active minutes shown after your activity? Or do you mean the total time for your activity that is changing?

If it is the active minutes, it happens because active minutes are only counted when you reach a minimum of 3 METs (metabolic equivalents) or above. These are reached with moderate to intense activity that is continuous for more than 10 minutes. It could be that you reached this for only 15 minutes on your 44 minute activity. Please check this helpful article for more details about this. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, it seemed that the Ionic didn’t register my heartbeat the whole practice. It had counted a heartbeat for 15 minutes instead of the whole 44 minutes. That’s why it changed the data. Thanks for replying!

Best Answer

@Kaat2 Thanks for your reply and for providing those details. 

I'm glad to read you figured out what was happening for that activity. Is your heart rate tracking correctly now? 

Usually, when a heart rate reading stops tracking; may be because of the placement you are using for the watch on your wrist. Check this helpful article for more details in this.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes