Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add swim split times in app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I think it would be a good idea for you to open-source the software for your trackers so that the community can fix the worst of the problems and omissions that you're too busy to fix.

Maybe it's because I'm using the Windows Phone app, but swim tracking is pretty poor for me. I don't care about calories but I do care about splits, stroke rate etc and none of that's available to view.

But the worst problem would be the simplest to fix: the time per 100m stat. At the end of my swim I can see the correct value, which takes account of any pauses. Good. But when I view the session in "Today" either on the watch or in the phone app the value is clearly being calculated from the *total* time for the session instead of the active time. 

Oh, and check out the screenshot - although I don't care about calories you've managed to put it in the way of the thing I do care about (which you calculated wrong). Give the code to someone who cares! Screenshot: https://ibb.co/dcQxMn

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

@Jon001 From your side perhaps get this issue over to the developers. This is not a hard fix to implement. If one can see the lap times/splits on the watch, certainly they can be synched to the app on the phone. There clearly is a demand for this fix evidenced by emails I've seen for the past 10 months in my inbox. Please provide an accurate link so this issue gets to the developers.

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @BradMcCormick! The setting for Pool Length on Charge 3, Versa, and Ionic can be found only in the device, not in the Fitbit app. Sorry for the misunderstanding! Man Very Happy However, if the setting is not being showed on your tracker, let's try to restart it by following these steps

Then, on your device, open the Exercise app > Swim:

• For Ionic and VersaTap the gear icon () in the top left > Pool Length.

Additionally, there are some factors that may affect swim data:

• Stopping to rest midway across the pool
  • Resting for longer than 60 seconds after completing a pool length
  • Changing stroke type midway across the pool
  • Swimming with a kickboard or not using your hands
  • Swimming less than the minimum duration set to be auto-recognized
  • The units for the pool length setting don't match the units you use for your Fitbit settings. For example if you measure length in feet and inches, and specify a pool length in meters.

Hi there @Jon001 (thanks for highlighting our Community Guidelines) and @RazzleTom, thanks for jumping in here! I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product and customer service. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

Hope this info helps, I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear @MarreFitbit 

I have no idea why you made that post regarding information that is on a total tangent to the matter being raised. I will outline it once again, it really is simple and doesn't need to be complicated which seems to be what Moderators are doing.

1. On the Ionic you select swim and go for a swim

2. At the end of the swim you push pause/stop/end on your watch.

3. You look at your watch and it shows you the split times for your laps.

4. You hopefully are impressed with your effort and push done.

5. When you get home you go to the app on your phone and sync your watch so you download to the Dashboard your swim training session.

6. Here, you CANNOT see your split times per lap like you could on your watch, but you can see calories per lap, which wasn't shown on your watch.

So what we are requesting is that on the App you see split times per lap NOT calories per lap. The information is already on the watch so why can't it be downloaded to the app?

Is this way of explaining it clearer?

Best Answer

Couldn't be clearer!

Best Answer

Hey there @BradMcCormick and @RazzleTom! Sorry for the misunderstanding, thanks for making this clearer. 

I'd recommend checking out our Feature Suggestion Board if you haven't already. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review.

I'd also recommend up-voting and commenting on Swim lap times feature suggestion since it is very similar of what you're looking and asking for.

Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and experience based on that feedback.

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. Our product team looks forward to reading and incorporating your suggestions into future versions of Fitbit trackers and apps. 

If there any questions present, please let me know and I'll be glad to help. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting that there has been a lot of publicity about updates and making things better and yet this simple fix still couldn't be done. Looking forward to changing brands shortly and let everyone I can know how user unfriendly Fitbit Ionic is and how much lack of Company support this is and acknowledgement.

Please @MarreFitbit dont bother responding - you have no influence in this matter or understanding of what the customer actually wants. Cheers

Best Answer

It’s been years and years with no response. 

Best Answer

We have the correct swim settings. The developers need to implement the simple fix and it seems like moderators are the block.  Sad really. 

Best Answer
  • Ok so when will lap split times be implemented. 
Best Answer

Everyone here has already been on the feature suggestion board. Stop stalling. 

Best Answer

Literally 3.5 years later, with more advanced device (Charge 5) and STILL no support for what basically every swimmer wants  -- lap times!

What gives?

Best Answer
0 Votes