Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Factory Reset I cannot setup my Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I factory reset my ionic after my wife had 'borrowed' it for a week or so.  So the Ionic is at the default screen you typically see when brand new out of the box repeating www.Fitbit.com/setup in several languages.  

Here is the install drill I have repeatedly tried with no success:

1) Restart the Ionic.  It boots up.

2) delete any fitbit app on my Android Phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 5), reboot the phone and reinstall a fresh fitbit app.  Connect to my personal fitbit account using my fitbit account email and password.

3) Go to my Phone's Bluetooth settings, and SCAN for devices.  -Typically the Ionic should show up, BUT MINE WILL NOT.  -Despite both phone and Ionic being on the same table within inches of each other and fully charged.

4) Despite not being able to see the Ionic in my phones Bluetooth setup screen, I initiate "Setup" in the Fitbit App.  Select "Ionic" as the product... and then "Find Tracker"...  IONIC NOT FOUND.

This worked for my wife's new Ionic just last night -and that device is out of the house at the time I am trying to setup mine, so there are no conflicts.. 

What can I do???? !!!!  

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

First thing I'll note is that your step 3, going to the phones Bluetooth screen is incorrect and there is nothing the user can do on this screen but remove the tracker from the trusted list. Typically it might or might not show up here and we do not care. 

Have you removed the ionic from the Bluetooth menu on your wife's phone and your phone? I think your saying that your wife's phone is not home, so no problem here but the ionic still needs to be removed from wife's phone. 

Have you tried a shutdown, not just a restart, the ionic? I assume that before yesterday the ionic worked with your phone? 

How do I set up my Fitbit device?
Set up and get started using your new device.
Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?
Make sure your phone, tablet, or computer meets all the requirements for getting started with your Fitbit device
Best Answer
0 Votes