Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock on Phone Message on Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi my watch says unlock with phone how do i do this, not had this before it is an iconic.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the Forums @smurf.Kelly.

Thanks for bringing this up and sharing those details. Let me help you get the Ionic to work. 

I will be moving this thread to the Ionic board as I think it is better suited for it.

I'd recommend that we try to factory reset your Ionic. To do so please follow these steps: 

1. On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
  2. When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
  3. This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
  4. Once it's removed, please setup the Fitbit from scratch as if it was a replacement.

Doing this will help you get everything to work properly. 

Please keep me posted on how it goes or if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@smurf.Kelly. A user will receive this message after 10 failed attempts at unlocking the tracker. These 10 attempts do not have to be consecutive.

Hold on there, let's hold off on the factory reset if the ionic is still connected to the users account. 

If the ionic is no longer connected to your Fitbit account, then @LanuzaFitbit's instructions are your only option. 

We can unlock through the Fitbit app by following the steps in the Lock FAQ. See question five

HOW DO I UNLOCK MY FITBIT DEVICE WITH MY PHONE?

If you enter an incorrect PIN code 10 times, you're prompted to unlock your Fitbit device in the Fitbit app.

To unlock your device with your phone:

From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon () > your device image. 

1. Tap Device Lockthe app will ask for you to confirm the phones unlock code/swipe/finger print.. whatever way you unlock the phone. 
  2. Find the option to reset your PIN code. 
  3. Set a new pin code

Note that after you reset your PIN code, you must add your cards to Fitbit Pay as if you were setting it up for the first time.

If you haven't, things will be easier if the lock is set for wallet only. 

Screenshot_20190603-112820_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes