Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After update Ionic data is multiplying

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After updating my Ionic with the new update,  My steps are almost tripled, my calories burned are in the 6k range.  The most I have ever burned in a day is 3300 and that is after running 5 miles to end my evening.  Why is the ionic showing such high calorie and step data.  Not to mention, my BPM is reading 170 and 180 at resting stage.  Before this update my resting stage was 56

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@bill01 It's nice to see you in the Fitbit Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate that you mentioned that after updating your Ionic your calories burned and step data don't seem to be accurate. 

Fitbit devices combine your basal metabolic rate (BMR)—the rate at which you burn calories at rest to maintain vital body functions (including breathing, blood circulation, and heartbeat)—and your activity data to estimate your calories burned. If your device tracks heart rate, your heart-rate data is also included, especially to estimate calories burned during exercise. The number you see on your Fitbit device is your total calories burned for the day.

Please restart your Ionic and check that your personal information is properly entered in your Fitbit account. After this continue checking your activity and let me know the results. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did try and restart it.  I realize how the heart rate and calorie data works.  It worked fine until the update.  It is showing a resting heart rate of 170.  I am an avid runner and my resting heart rate was 56-58 before the update.  Also, it is showing I am burning over 7 thousand calories a day.  The most i have reached even after a 5 mile run is 3300. I am very disappointed with my IONIC. I have nothing but problems with it even before the update in that fact that it would shut off completely during a run.  I did factory reset it then, but here we go again.  HELP!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bill01 Thanks for getting back. I totally understand your frustration with this, I've shared your post with our Support team and someone will contact you as soon as possible. Keep in mind that due to recent events affecting our operations we may take a bit longer to get back to you. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes