Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarm not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I set my alarm to go off at 9pm on daily basis. Some night worked, the others not.

Tried factory reset and tried also delete and add new. Not working. 

This top of the product range Ionic watch nothing but lots of faults and troubles.

Please fix it and very soon

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@FromSydney You may want to make sure your Ionic isn’t locked as this will disable the alarm. (A small feature that was recently discovered). Given how the Ionic can lock itself somewhat randomly, this might be the reason for your intermittent alarm failures.

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing. I did a test and it seems that the locking might be the root cause as it stops the alarm going off  

But now I m not too sure why my ionic will lock itself randomly after I unlocked it manually 

Would this something Fitbit needs to look into it?

For instance, the alarm works as a reminder for something important that we don't want to miss, but once have to remind him/herself to ensure unlocking it to allow the reminder to work!?!? This is absurd and  should not be accepted as a solution.

Fitbit needs to fix this random self locking issue or change the logic to allow Alarm to bypass the Pin lock (only for Wallet perhaps) Thls current work around fron our friendly fellow users is okay as a temporary measure but  is unacceptable from user and consumer perspective.

Though thanks lostlogik for sharing the temporary work around with us. This is very much appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FromSydney If Device Lock is enabled the Ionic locks itself every 24hrs or every time it thinks it’s been taken off, which can happen if it moves on your wrist and HR is temporarily lost. If these moments happen while asleep, even though you think you’ve set your alarm you’ll miss it. 

There is is a Suggestion to have this “feature” removed, which you can vote for here

Best Answer

Thanks but not sure if it is applied to the Australian market standard. When activated the fitbit pay (wallet), it is a security feature to have the wallet lock.hence the Pin locked. 

However the logic (especially the 24hr rule or the watch being taken off)  is all wrong and I feel that the device makes the users` lives more difficult rather than easier and convenient.  Perhaps have this feature removed might be the plausible solution. 

As always thanks for sharing. Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes