Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarms on Ionic going off late

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've only had my Ionic a week, so there are things I am still getting used to, but I thought that setting alarms etc was simple enough. Until today, when my 8.00 alarm went off at 8.10. I looked at the alarm settings, and the alarm was definitely set for 8.00. The time on the Ionic was also correct (checked against two other clocks!). 

So, I decided to delete the alarm and enter it again. I hit "Delete" and got a message asking whether I wanted to delete the 8.10 alarm! There was no "8.10 alarm" set! I did set a couple of other alarms to see if they went off late too. They were fine. I've re-entered the 8.00 alarm anyway.

Anyone ever had anything like this?

Tom.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hey there @tomp2, thanks for stopping by! Also, thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot this inconvenience with your alarms not going off as the scheduled time. 

While reading your post I was wondering if you've enabled the Device Lock feature? If so, if the Ionic is locked, the alarm wouldn't go off.  Try disabling the device lock, and let me know how the alarms goes. 

If the issue persists, let's try the following:

• Remove the Ionic from the account
  • Remove your Ionic from your phone's Bluetooth settings
  • Force quit the Fitbit app
    Set up the connection between the phone and Ionic again.

Looking forward to your response! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. 

No, it's not locked.

The alarm went off at the right time this morning, so I am going to leave well enough alone for now.

Tom

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad to hear that your alarms worked this morning @tomp2! Thanks for letting me know the outcome my friend. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tomp2 are you sure you didn't miss that alarm? If you miss it then the alarm repeats 10 minutes later I think. I've seen this behaviour. This happens when you don't dismiss it manually. I will double check but something similar happened to me recently and I took it as I simply didn't feel it and missed it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tomp2 looks like I was right. I set one alarm and I let it go off. I didn't dismiss it. After waiting 10 minutes alarm repeated. It's actually useful feature. Unfortunately, I think I found out why I could have missed the alarm. The vibration repeats 3 times only which lasts maybe 5 seconds. If one doesn't feel vibration right away it's easy to miss it. It makes the alarm rather risky to use. This looks a bit like a bug to me or really bad design.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That was my first thought. However, as my post says, I decided to delete the alarm and reinstall it, and I was asked “Do you want to delete the 8.10 alarm?” There never was an 8.10 alarm. The 8.00 was the only one on the device. I deleted it, and the 8.00 alarm disappeared.

Tom

Websites: www.tomphillipsphotos.co.uk and www.thegreatdolomiteroad.co.uk

Twitter: @tomsprints
Best Answer
0 Votes

not a bad design in my opinion, but now with new update it will vibrate until you dismiss manually.

Best Answer
0 Votes