Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Always on IS available on Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Always On display IS available on the Nothing Special watchface under Settings.

I just downloaded it and it works.  Will measure battery life later.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The "Always On" is using 5% of the battery per hour. It's a great
watchface though even if you turn that off - tons of color options and
tapping the icons on the watch flips it to another one.

Also, I'm set to vibrate on all incoming e-mails, texts. calls and notifications.  So that uses up battery also.  I probably had around 8-10 per hour during the test period.

--
Moderator edit: Removed personal information 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

Glad you found something you like.

I think it will drain the battery myself but that's me. I dont need to have mine always on. It comes up fast enough

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@kathytn Oh that is interesting! DO let us know how the battery life is.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The "Always On" is using 5% of the battery per hour. It's a great
watchface though even if you turn that off - tons of color options and
tapping the icons on the watch flips it to another one.

Also, I'm set to vibrate on all incoming e-mails, texts. calls and notifications.  So that uses up battery also.  I probably had around 8-10 per hour during the test period.

--

Best Answer

Thanks Kathryn, have been using the watch face, I missed the option for always on. Seems to work and will be helpful on 0530 morning runs. Nick

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I also tried it a short time, but i found that when the watch is covered the screen still goes blank (normal behaviour).

So always on seems only to be on if the watch is not covered, and since i regularly use sweaters (it is almost winter here Smiley Happy) i still have a blank screen.

That is a pitty.

But i have to say that 5% per hour is to much for me anyway.

So i won't use that.

Phone: Xiaomi Mi5 OS: Android 7.1/Lineage 14.1
Watch: Ionic
Previous watches:Pebble, Pebble Time, Samsung Gear Fit2
Best Answer
0 Votes

I found two other watch faces, I'm don't recall now what they were.  One is "always on" but fades to a faint display.  The other one stays on for 90 seconds.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where are you finding these? I'm looking under clock faces in my fitbit app but can't find anything. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

On your cellphone, go to Clock Faces, All Clocks and at the Very Bottom
where it says "All Clocks" to the right click on View All. The ones you
are looking for are under "Stats Heavy" or "Digital" so you could also just
click on the View All to see just those on the Stats Heavy or Digital line

--

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using the "Nothing Special" clock face right now.  You do need to go to Settings once you download it.  You will have several options, Blinking Seconds, Show Seconds, Screen Always On, etc.  It may take some patients to download this one as it takes awhile and I frequently get an error message and told to pick another watchface.  Thus, I've learned not to "play around" and explore other ones.  This is still my favorite.  If you get the error message, pick another watch face and then go back and try this again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

FYI for all you folks in this thread.  There is also an "Always On' setting for  selected exercises.  For example when the exercise "Walk" is chosen, click on the Settings Icon at the upper left of the "Walk" screen and you get several possible settings one of which is "Screen Always On".  So, if you choose "Screen Always On', the screen will remain lit for your walk but return to normal automatically for normal use.

Best Answer

I think I am getting better battery life with this clockface always on after I changed background to black and changed the "days" to black also. It looks like I'm getting about 4.5% battery use per hour. It has lasted me over 10 hours. Thanks for the help Kathy.

Best Answer

After 10  hours with the above settings I'm at 50%, so it looks like it will definitely last the day like this. I have not used the gps or used the exercise app.20180322_153247_001.jpg

Best Answer

Thank you!  This is the perfect solution for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Kristy06! Hope you can enjoy the clock face Nothing Special, as this has the always on option. 

Also, remember that when you're exercising you can activate the always-on Screen setting on your Ionic. To do so, just navigate through the exercise's setting all the way to the bottom and you'll get to this option. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. Robot Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Is always on only available one type of watch?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t find the Always on buttons??

Best Answer
0 Votes

@40Roisin It's great to see you on the Community. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Always-on display is available on your Fitbit Ionic, if you have already update its firmware version, you can find it on your quick settings. Swipe down from the top of your watch screen, and tap the quick settings icon there you'll be able to change the always-on display. 

I'll be around if you have any additional question.

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks a million I did find it but it eat up the battery but I appreciate you getting back to me. 👍

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thanks a million I did find it but it eat up the battery. I appreciate you getting back to me. 👍

Best Answer