Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android sync is still not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, i bough ionic couple days ago. I have android smart phone - brand new huawei on android 7. I tried every troubleshoot advices (and many others attempts ) with no result. So i tried sync with apple and there is no problem. So why is so big deal to resolve problem with android when many of cheap china smartwatches works fine?

Ionic, Huawei P9 lite 2017 dual sim
Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Unfortunately, @ballrok, it tends to come down to phone compatibility.  Some Android phones, like my HTC One M9, syncs every time, and others seem to have a lot of difficulty. Sorry, I don't have a solution for you, though.

Best Answer

I tend to agree that it's not Android as a whole.  It depends on the phone and version of Android.  

I'm on a pixel XL running Oreo.  Since the November security update, my sync has worked flawlessly.   

Pixel XL Oreo Ionic Airpods
Best Answer

Turn off all day sync and always connected. Reboot watch and phone. Remove Bluetooth pairing and sync. Then leave the settings alone. Yes you will get notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, evidently sync not supports any Android phone.
In my case Huawei P9 lite is not really in compatibily list. But its weard... its pretty common phone.
I'll trie another android phone because advices like restart bluetooth, set all day sync, unpair watch, restart watch, reinstall fitbit app etc. sadly not work for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi try this:

Ensure you have Ionic and Ionic (classic) in the Bluetooth device list.

If not go on the Ionic > Settings> Bluetooth > Bluetooth Classic Pair

Delete Ionic, connect to Ionic Classic, Enable it as an input device and it should Synch

If Ionic comes back, and it will delete it again and leave classic when you got to synch.

Notifications, music control etc all work with Classic

Galaxy S8 Android 7.0

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ballrok Welcome to the Fitbit family! Yes, if the device you are using is not listed under the list of supported devices; it may not sync. However, I've seen that sometimes some phones that are not listed will work (like mine, I have a Moto G4). So, try all the troubleshooting steps provided on this thread. You can also check these other steps if you'll like to try. @SimonRJ @SunsetRunner @SunsetRunner @USAF-Larry

Thanks all for your awesome help! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Finally i have solved the problem. I decided to buy Iphone and now i have no problem with syncing 😀. But still wanna thank you for youre advices. Seems like huawei have problem with bluetooth connection, i already had some issues with car audio system syncing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ballrok Thanks for your reply! I'm very glad to hear that you are back on track now! Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer