Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-Pause Issue

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

My Fitbit Ionic has a feature where it can auto-pause workouts such as walking and running when it detects no motion (during rests, water breaks, etc...). However, I realized this earlier this week while doing a run that it never turns back on automatically, so my stats for the workout are incorrect. This is strange, and I doubt that this is how it is supposed to be.

Is this how it is? Or is there a way that I can fix this?

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

I've never tried this with the run mode, but auto pause only is supposed to work with run, doesn't work with the walking mode.

BTW are you depending on the auto detect function, or have you manually started the run recording on the ionic?

Best Answer

Hello,

I was using the walk exercise feature. Also, I did not rely on auto-detect; I manually started the workout myself.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please see page 48 of your Ionic User manual for the auto pause function.

Before starting the run, tap on the settings to turn auto pause on, as I mentioned above, this feature is not available for walk.

Best Answer

I just purchased my Versa yesterday. I have it set to Auto pause. However it does not work. What am I doing wrong? As soon as I push play the clock starts. My Apple Watch didn’t start timing until I started my run. How can I fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you press start, Fitbit assumed that you really plan on starting.

Now when you stop for, let's say a stop light, this is when the pressure kicks in.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So don’t press start? Just run?

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you want to just run, you may, and let the run be auto detected.

However I would go to run, wait for the GpS to get a lock, then press start and start running. Rather than start the run mode and hang around until your ready to start out running  it sounds like this is what is being done in the original post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the info Rich! 

With this I was able to turn off the auto pause as well! Thanks again! 

Best Answer
0 Votes