Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodetect not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic is not automatically recognizing exercise.  I just did a 20 minute walk and Ionic did not autodetect and log the activity. My app is set up to autodetect walking after 10 minutes but the ionic has failed recognize the activity each time. Can anyone help fix this? Again, my app is definitely set to autodetect the activity after 10 minutes so that shouldn't be the problem.  Thanks!

Ionic, Alta, Flex
Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

I have two suggestions for you:

1).  If you are going to start and extensive exercise period, you may want to activate the "Exercise" APP and that way you are guaranteed to have an exact match to what you are doing.

2).  Try RESETTING your Ionic.  Here is how: Press and HOLD the left and bottom right buttons together, until the fitbit icon appears, then release.

Hope these suggestions help, Good Luck!

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @GySgt_Seidell I have restarted my Ionic, I'll see later if that helps. Regardng the app, I do use it for running but that's not something I wanted to do all the time, it can be a hassle.  My Flex and Alta recognized exercises with no problems. Fitbit sells the device claiming it has autodetect so it really just needs to work.  Ionic is too expensive for all the glitches and errors mine has been having. Even the app itself is not working properly now that I've got Ionic. I've reinstalled the app, unpaired the Ionic, and still the app is very slow, and lagging, and I'm getting constant sync errors. The app is one reason I still choose fitbit. I'm just venting now sorry, but why does Fitbit always put these devices out in the market with all these problems? Every Fitbit I've bought has had issues that I've learned to live with. Ionic is too expensive to just accept that it doesn't work as advertised. Since I've restarted I hope it works now. I'll post an update when I find out, thanks!

Ionic, Alta, Flex
Best Answer
0 Votes

I having the same issue.  I have to setup to auto recognize after 15 minutes of walking, but after taking multiple 20 + minutes walks over the last week, none of them were recorded.  I agree, at the price they charge for the Ionic it should work as advertised. I find it troubling that something as straight forward as does not work. It makes me question whether the data I am getting in the app is accurate for any of the items tracked

Best Answer

Did u manage to fix this ? As mine is doing it 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same. I tweeted Fitbit Support .will update here when I get resolved

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just did 5 days of 50 plus minute exercise (2 aqua classes and 3 hard fitness classes and only one recorded on autodetect, but not for the whole time.  Very disappointing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone! Remember that SmartTrack recognizes an exercise that lasts at least 15 minutes. You can lower this setting to 10 minutes, or increase it as high as 90 minutes. For example, if you only want SmartTrack to detect your longer walks, you might change your duration settings to a 30-minute minimum.

I would like you to confirm you have performed the following:

Restart your Ionic

- Auto-exercise recognition setting is set to ON

- Try wearing your watch on the other wrist

Keep me posted! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer