Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Time Zone setting keeps getting switched to off on Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the settings in the app set to automatically update when I go to a new time zone.  It works a couple of times but then won't update.  I go back into the app and it is somehow switched to "off".  How do I keep it switched to the "on" position?  

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Glenuendo It's nice to see you on the Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate the details mentioned. I would like you to confirm you have the latest app installed, which is 3.25.1 for iOS and 3.26 for Android. Additionally, log out from the app, force quit it, log back in and change the setting to "Set Automatically" again. 

Let me know how the troubleshooting goes. Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

@Glenuendo It's nice to see you on the Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate the details mentioned. I would like you to confirm you have the latest app installed, which is 3.25.1 for iOS and 3.26 for Android. Additionally, log out from the app, force quit it, log back in and change the setting to "Set Automatically" again. 

Let me know how the troubleshooting goes. Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Best Answer

@SilviaFitbit Thank you for the response.  I have an Android phone and I'm on version 3.25 and even though I look for updates daily, I don't see any for Fitbit.  I have done the other steps you have suggested.  It will be this weekend before I go to another time zone so I will see if that sticks at that time.  

Best Answer

@SilviaFitbit , I did travel across two time zones yesterday and had no issue.  Thanks.  

Best Answer

@Glenuendo Thank you for getting back.

I'm glad to hear that you had no issues with time zones. Remember to always keep your app up-to-date and to sync at least once a day to avoid losing any data. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having this problem for months.  I have force stopped/removed and reloaded the app.  Each time i change time zones the automatic time zone toggle button in the fitbit app changes back to off.  So every time i switch time zones (multiple times per week) i need to go to app setting and reselect automatic time zone and then sync.  Its very frustrating.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Ridgewoodmark. Thank you for letting us know that each time you change time zones the automatic time zone toggle button on the app changes back to off. 

Thank you for your feedback, we strive for excellent customer service, and customer satisfaction remains our number one goal. We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes